This week’s Meatless Monday Recipe Round-up via my posts over at Babble.com’s Family Kitchen: Papaya bowl, dinner and a movie with my cheezy garlic broomsticks and witches brew broccoli soup, cream pie round-up, 15 ways to prepare tofu and some spooky spiderweb brownies for Halloween – and more! All meatless, all vegan. Inspiration for today and the week ahead…
Meatless Monday Recipe Round-Up – 10/17
* Dessert: Spooky Spiderweb Brownie Bites
This simple technique will have you turning your favorite brownie recipe into a Halloween treat infused with some spooky spiderweb fun. Sweet maple-cream cheese webs top each fluffy brownie bite. Use my vegan/gf recipe or your own!
* Entree: Tofu Cashew Broccoli Bowl
Seared siLky sweet tofu triangles top luscious whole wheat couscous. Accents of candied cashews and savory braised broccoli. This bowl is a delicious one-bowl meal for any day of the week!
* Entree: 15 Ways to Prepare Tofu!
From a savory tofu scramble to a sweet silky tofu pudding – here are 15 of my most creative ways to try tofu! Get inspired to dream up your own inventive ways to use this healthy, protein-rich, versatile ingredient.
* Dinner and a Movie: Hocus Pocus Witches Brew Soup with Cheezy Broccoli Broom-Breadsticks
For this edition of dinner and a movie, I used one of my favorite Halloween movies as inspiration: Hocus Pocus! This broccoli cheddar soup paired with these awesome garlic-cheddar breadsticks, er broomsticks are perfect yummy fun for the whole family on a chilly fall night. Cozy up to this soup and a spooky movie! And yes, the “cheddar” is vegan – Daiya brand!
* Dessert: 7 Vegan Cream Pies
Here is my yummy round-up of seven different vegan cream pies! From Minty Grasshopper to classic Chocolate Cream, you are sure to find a cream pie to try! I love these easy, delicious cream pie desserts!
* Breakfast: Papaya Bowl
I’ve chatted about my papaya bowl love before – but here’s a reminder to how easy this tropical delight is. You are three ingredients away from a blissful morning. Crashing waves, seagulls, beachy breeze – or if not .. at least you can have this juicy sweet papaya bowl for a tropical escape.
* 30 Vegan Recipes for Fall!
This recipe-packed slideshow shares some of my all time favorite vegan recipes for fall. From my Acorn Squash Alfredo to my 5-Ingredient Pumpkin Pie – browse these recipes and get inspired! And hungry.
Previous Meatless Monday Recipe Round-Up’s:
* 10/10 – Pumpkin Pizza, Fruity Faces, Peanut butter Banana Pudding, Carrot Juice and Double Pumpkin Cream Pie.
* 10/3 – Naughty/Nice Vegan Desserts, Raw Chocolate Shake, Pumpkin Potato Salad, Pumpkin Spice Cider Smoothie and more..
* 9/26 – cauliflower soup, pomegranate fizzy cocktail, food truck gyros at home, ghost whip, almost tiramisu pie
* 9/19 – apple jack flapjacks, seared tofu, tropical green smoothie, vanilla coconut latte, sumac salad
* 9/12 – ginger frosty, peanut butter cream pie, vegan chili, easy coconut rice and wonton lunch, peanut butter fruit stack sandwich
* 9/5 – Labor Day “Southern Food” Feast – biscuits, “chickn” fried seitan, cole slaw, pb shake
* 8/29 – pesto alphabet pasta, banana split, sweet potato biscuits, pasta salad to-go, cheeze sauce
* 8/22 – tropical smoothie, mushroom bites, veggie burger, love your green juice, peas and pasta cheezy style
* 8/15 – vegan jello, sunny pesto pasta, peachy “A” Smoothie, creamy cole slaw recipes, vegan sloppy joes, apricot cobbler and lime basil sorbet!
* 8/8 – jumbo croutons, fresh tomato hummus, peanut butter pillows, veggie burger slideshow, sticky maple french toast, cinna-rolls and more!
* 8/1 – hazelnut hummus, pesto pasta, tofu scramble, squash blossoms, savory waffles, hash browns.
* 7/25 – smoothies, vegan burrito, blueberry bread, panzanella salad, beet salad, peach crisp.
* 7/18 – roasted pepper hummus, raw food eats, papaya smoothie, owl cake, chocolate pudding parfait, hemp mashed potatoes and watermelon recipes.
And you can always peruse my HHL Recipe Index for many more vegan, meatless recipes!