If you love salty meets sweet flavors, this spin on a peanut butter cookie is for you. These Peanut Butter Pumpkin Seed Chocolate Chunk Cookies with a hint of sea salt on top are everything your cookie dreams are craving. They are chewy and nutty with loads of melty chocolate and pumpkin seeds nestled in each bite. I used my fave spicy raw pumpkin seeds and a vegan chocolate bar broken in pieces for the chocolate. Whip a batch of these cookies up today! And see how I like to eat them…
So these were so freaking good.
Like, really good.
Like, I may have been eating them at inappropriate times of the day good.
And then 1pm.
And a nibble after dinner, too.
But for good measure guys, I have been serving them with a dollop of my favorite peanut butter on top. Best move on my part! So good. Reminded me of a sort of “Nutter Butter” flavor..
These vegan cookies are a fun spin for peanut butter cookie lovers’ like me.
Peanut Butter Pumpkin Seed Cookies
- 1 tbsp ground flax seed
- 1/4 cup warm water
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup peanut butter, softened
- 1/4 cup vegan butter
- 3/4 cup raw turbino sugar
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup 1 tbsp whole wheat pastry flour
- 3/4 tsp sea salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds + a few pinches extra for topping – raw and spicy flavor (lightly salted) – I use Eden or Go Raw brands
- 1-2 oz vegan chocolate bar, broken into chunks
- coarse sea salt for topping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Whisk together the flax seed with the warm water. Set aside to thicken for at least two minutes.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the peanut butter, vanilla, vegan butter, vinegar, sugar and thickened flax egg. Stir by hand or with a mixer.
- Fold in the flour, baking powder, sea salt. Stir until a dough forms. Then fold in the seeds and chocolate.
- Roll into balls and place onto baking sheet. Press down with a fork to flatten. Top with coarse sea salt and a few additional pumpkin seeds.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 9-14 minutes. Cool ten minutes before serving. Serve warm.
nutrition estimate | per serving
pin for later!..
“Wait, wha? Do we smell cookies????” “Nap over, Soch.”
..Ok so they don’t eat these cookies, but they know a good cookie smell when they smell it.