This vegan breakfast sandwich is a gorgeously green spin on your usual morning meal. This “Shamrock” Breakfast Sandwich is loaded with kale, pepitas and a flavorful veggie sausage patty.
This recipe was created right after the ‘spring forward’ time change. I was still feeling the ‘spring forward’ groggies and was craving something hearty, savory, delicious and healthy. So I put a green spin on my usual savory breakfast meal.
I turned on the stove and as soon as that sizzle from the pan kicked in and yummy smells started wafting, I knew I was in business. This Shamrock Breakfast Sandwich is spicy, toasty, green and peppery. Perfect power-fuel for your busy day.
Green your AM. Via a breakfast sandwich.
Creamy chipotle jalapeno sauce drizzles and melts over top tender avocado, a pepper-chipotle spiced vegan sausage patty, buttery pan-toasted pepitas. All on a toasted English muffin. This is a greens-loaded sandwich to start your day.
Which Vegan Sausage to Use?
- GimmeLean – this option is great because you can decide the shape, size and thickness of the patty. This is the brand I used in the photos of this recipe.
- Gardein – My go-to brand for ease. You can even microwave them when you are in a hurry.
- 365 brand from Whole Foods
- …Honestly guys, there are SO many options these days. Browse the freezer section of Whole Foods or your fave natural foods (or mainstream!) grocery store.
If you loved my Jack-o-Pumpkin Breakfast Sandwich for fall, you will love this Shamrock Sandwich for spring! Side of green juice.
Add as much kale as you can cram onto your english muffin! It will be wilted from the skillet – all the hot oil and salt and peppery spices soaking into the hearty green leaves.
Shamrock Breakfast Sandwich
- 1 vegan sausage patty
- 1 cup kale
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp pepitas
- salt and pepper , to taste
- 1 tbsp vegan mayo
- 1/8 tsp chipotle powder, or sub with smoky paprika
- 1 tsp jalapeno, chopped – optional
- 1 english muffin, toasted
- 1/4 avocado, sliced – use more if desired
- Toast english muffin. Set aside when done.
- Add a drizzle of oil to a saute pan. Turn heat to high. Add the patty. Cook 1-2 minutes, flip.
- Add the kale and pepitas to the pan to toast the pepitas and wilt the kale. Add salt and pepper to the kale to taste. When the patty is browned and the kale soft, turn off heat.
- Mix together the special spicy sauce.
- Assemble! Spread the vegan jalapeno sauce/mayo on the inside of each toasted English muffin. Add sliced avocado, patty, then top with kale and pepitas.
- Serve warm!
nutrition estimate | per serving
Other Breakfast Sandwiches to try..
- Eggy Tofu Breakfast Sandwiches
- My Go-To Any Morning Vegan Breakfast Sandwich
- Jack-o-Pumpkin Breakfast Sandwich