disclosure: This post is sponsored by Ocean Mist Farms
Looking for a super flavorful brussels sprouts recipe? Well here it is! Bright, lovely and loads of fresh texture.
This gently wilted, Shredded Brussels Sprouts Salad has buttery avocado, sweet citrus, hemp seeds and crunchy walnuts – all with a lovely sweet maple dressing. This salad is a perfect healthy-delicious side dish for your holiday table. The best part about this salad? You can easily whip it up in under ten minutes thanks to the prep technique. Really!
Why Brussels Sprouts?
I love a good brussels sprouts recipe. This veggie is one that is so versatile and fun! Plus they look like tiny cabbages, so yeah. You can absolutely do some crispy brussels sprouts (look at these from Dana! Yum.) – or roast them (The Kitchen has some nice instructions) or even steam them for the more au natural preparation.
But I really love shredded brussels! They flavor is so fresh and you won’t believe you are actually eating brussel sprouts …. raw brussels salads kinda just taste like lettuce with a bit more earthiness.
This Shredded Brussels Sprouts Salad is perfect for the holidays because it has those lovely fall satsumas in here!
Brussels Sprouts Nutrition
So you already know this veggie is super good for you, right? Well here is why…
Brussels are rich in vitamin A, vitamin C, fiber, potassium and they even have three grams of protein per cup! That’s pretty cool because if you eat a few sups as a salad, you have already chowed down on around 6g plant-protein.
I love satsumas this time of year. Otherwise known as a variety of citrus, like tangerine. I have also made some Tofu Steaks using satsumas. And I love this satsuma smoothie. Satsumas are rich in vitamin C and fiber and they add natural sweetness to a salad. I basically keep some around all the time in the fall. Perfect for snacking or perking up brussels sprouts salads like this one!
Wilted Maple-Citrus Brussels Sprouts Salad with Walnuts
- 12 oz Brussels Sprouts Shreds, Season and Steam Supershreds Superfood by Ocean Mist Farms
- 3 medium satsumas or tangerine, peeled and sliced
- 2 Tbsp hemp seeds
- 3/4 cup walnuts, raw, chopped or whole
- 1 small avocado, diced
- 2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Open the Season and Steam Brussels sprouts bag. Add the salt and pepper. Toss a bit to distribute. Reseal bag.
- Pop the bag in the microwave for 2-3 minutes. Two minutes for more crunchy shreds, and three minutes for more tender wilted shreds.
- Open the steamed bag, pour into a large mixing bowl. The shreds should be tender and green. If desired, you can use some kitchen shears to cut any larger slices of the sprouts – this is optional though.
- Add the maple syrup, cider vinegar and olive oil. Toss well to allow the liquid to mingle with the warm shreds. Then add in all the remaining ingredients, walnuts, hemp seeds, avocado, satsumas. Toss gently.
- Pour into a serving bowl and top with vegan Parmesan to taste.
nutrition estimate | per serving
Vegan Parmesan on top adds a lovely texture and flavor..
Dive into these tender shredded Brussels sprouts!..