I adore two holiday flavors: creamy rich Soy Nog and sweet, juicy persimmon. And what better way to enjoy these two flavors than blended up into a creamy vegan dessert shake made from decadent coconut milk ice cream! Cinnamon spice and Dandies vegan toasted marshmallows accent my Soy Nog Shake and this peach-toned Persimmon Shake is a persimmon-lovers dream!..
Spiced Soy Nog with toasted marshmallows
vegan, serves 2
1 1/2 cups vanilla Coconut Bliss ice cream (I like Luna & Larry’s brand)
1/2 – 3/4 cup Soy Nog (I used Earth Balance brand)
1/2 banana (use a frozen banana for a thicker shake)
dash of cinnamon
dash of cayenne
garnish: toothpick skewer of Dandies lightly toasted marshmallows
1. Add ice cream and about 1/3 cup soy nog to blender. Add in spices and banana. Blend
2. As blending, add in more Soy Nog as desired.
3. Adjust thickened by adding in more nog or more coconut cream if desired. Extra spicy? Add in more cayenne.
4. Lightly toast vegan marshmallows over stove – or warm in microwave. Use as garnish. Serve.
This Coconut Persimmon Shake is a holiday treat to try! Creamy vanilla coconut milk ice cream blends together with juicy ripe persimmon fruit – a dash of cinnamon too. This perfectly holiday-approved shake can be all yours in a flash! Treat yourself to coconut persimmon bliss..
Creamy Coconut Persimmon Shake
vegan, serves 1-2
1 1/2 cups vanilla coconut milk ice cream (Larry & Luna’s brand)
1 large RIPE persimmon fruit – skin removed
a few dashes of cinnamon
1/2 banana, (use a frozen banana for extra thickness)
1. Slightly soften the coconut ice cream.
2. Add all ingredients to blender and blend on low -> med until creamy. If need, add in a splash of soy or coconut milk to loosen the blend.