Vegan Caesar Salad
This flavorful vegan salad uses vegan Parmesan, homemade croutons and an amazing creamy dressing.
- 1 cup water
- 4 Tbsp capers drained
- 4 Tbsp lemon juice freshly squeezed
- 1/2 tsp lemon zest
- 6 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 1/2 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 1/2 Tbsp vegan worcestershire sauce
- 2 heads romaine lettuce chopped
- 1/4 cup vegan Parmesan shreds see notes
- 2 cups Garlicky Parm Croutons homemade
- 1 Tbsp capers topping
- black pepper to taste
Prepare the croutons before starting on your dressing and salad assembly.
Add all the dressing ingredients to a high-speed blender or food processor. Blend from low to high until silky smooth. Pour into a jar or glass.
Add the romaine to a large mixing bowl. start off by adding about a third of the dressing. Toss. Taste. Add more as desired.
Pour the tossed salad into a large serving bowl - or individual serving bowls. Add the croutons, capers and vegan Parmesan cheese over top. Add pepper to taste. Serve!
- Vegan Parm. There are a few products you could use. I love thw Follow Your Heart shreds for this recipe, but the Galaxy Foods vegan Parm sprinkle is also yummy. You could also use a DIY version such as this recipe.
- If you like your salad dressed more lightly, you may have leftover dressing. Store covered in the fridge for up to three days for best flavor and texture. If needed, whisk in some fresh lemon juice or water to thin any sauce use as leftovers - since it will firm up and dry out a bit in the fridge when kept overnight.
Calories: 455kcal | Carbohydrates: 29g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 36g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Sodium: 602mg | Potassium: 1103mg | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 12g | Vitamin A: 27262IU | Vitamin C: 21mg | Calcium: 138mg | Iron: 6mg