Potato Cauliflower Soup
This creamy, vegan cauliflower and potato soup is made using simple ingredients. Satisfying rich texture.
Servings: 4 servings
- 5 cups potato peeled + diced, white potato
- 4 cups cauliflower chopped into florets
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp garlic granules or raw garlic
- 2 cups veggie broth
- 3/4 cups cashews raw
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil optional
Fold in and Toppings:
- set aside potato and cauliflower bits - reserve about 3/4 cup
- extra virgin olive oil to taste
- 3 tbsp greens or herbs finely chopped
Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
Peel potato and chop cauliflower into large florets - rough chop fine.
Add the potato to the boiling water and boil until tender. About three minutes before the potatoes are done, add in the cauliflower to cook until tender.
Drain water and add the potatoes and cauliflower to a blender --- reserve about 1/2 - 3/4 cup of the cooked veggies to the side -- this is what will give the soup a slightly chunky texture.
Also add to the blender: veggie broth, cashews, garlic, salt, pepper and optional EVOO. Blend from low to high until silky smooth. Blending will take a few minutes. When soup is blended, do a taste test and add any additional salt/pepper/garlic to taste.
Rinse your big soup pot and pour the soup back into the pot. Stir in the set aside chunky veggies. Turn heat to low and cover with lid. Allow to simmer for about ten minutes.Serve warm! Add EVOO, chopped herbs, pepper and anything else you'd like on top.
- if you do not have cauliflower, you could just use all potato.
- if you do not have cashews, you can sub about 4 Tbsp of extra virgin olive oil instead and reduce the broth by 1/2 cup.
- other add-in you can try: white beans blended into the soup.
Calories: 334kcal | Carbohydrates: 48g | Protein: 13g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 821mg | Potassium: 1567mg | Fiber: 10g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 250IU | Vitamin C: 78mg | Calcium: 110mg | Iron: 11mg