Fresh and Crunchy Meal Salad
This meal-approved salad pairs fresh leafy greens with crunchy veggies, nuts, cashew cheese and warm skillet tofu cubes.
Servings: 3 servings
- 3 cups romaine chopped
- 2 cups red lettuce chopped
- 2 cups spinach chopped
- 1/2 cup carrots chopped
- 1/3 cup walnuts chopped
- 1/4 cup cashew cheese or another vegan cheese
- 1 small avocado chopped
Warm Tofu Cubes:
- 2 tsp olive oil extra virgin
- 1 cup firm tofu
- 1 tbsp liquid aminos
- 1-2 Tbsp maple syrup
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3 slices whole wheat bread or any variety
- 6 Tbsp hummus
- 3 tsp olive oil extra virgin -- optional
- salad dressing of choice see notes
- anything else you feel like adding! veggies, fruit, herbs, spices..
First, prepare your tofu by warming a skillet to high heat and adding the olive oil and tofu. Add in the liquid aminos and maple syrup. Allow to cook for 2-4 minutes, flipping the tofu every minute or so. Tips: Squeeze out as much excess liquid from the tofu prior to use. USe more oil if your pan is sticking. You can also cook on a lower heat setting. Add optional salt and pepper to taste. Set these cubes aside.
In a large mixing bowl, add all the leafy greens. Add in the dressing - start witha. small amount, and toss well.
Add in all the remaining ingredients: walnuts, carrots, avocado, cheese and toss again, this time a bit more gently. Add more dressing to taste.
Toast your bread, top with hummus and drizzle with optional olive oil.
Scoop your salad into serving bowls and top with the tofu and side of hummus toast. Serve!
- nutritional info does not include salad dressing - choose a dressing that works for you! I love vegan ranch or 'honey' mustard on this salad.
Calories: 483kcal | Carbohydrates: 37g | Protein: 19g | Fat: 31g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Sodium: 687mg | Potassium: 866mg | Fiber: 12g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 11029IU | Vitamin C: 16mg | Calcium: 228mg | Iron: 5mg