Ultimate Green Goddess Salad
This super flavorful green goddess salad is a meal in a bowl! Hemp seeds and pumpkin seeds add protein and texture. Kale is soft and tender.
Servings: 2 servings
- 5 cups curly kale 1 bunch - thick stems removed
- 1 avocado
- 1/4 cup hemp seeds
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds sprouted + salted
- 1/3 cup celery chopped
- 1/2 cup cucumber chopped
- 1 cup green bell pepper chopped
- 2-4 Tbsp kalamata olives pitted
- green goddess dressing to taste - generous amount to fully marinate leaves
Green Goddess Dressing
- 3 Tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves gently packed
- 4 Tbsp white vinegar
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 3 Tbsp lemon juice
- 3 scallions spiky ends removed
- 2 Tbsp agave syrup
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
- water as needed to blend start with 1/4 cup
Start by blending up your green goddess dressing. Add the water last and only start with a small amount - adding more as needed to blend. You can also add more oil if you're ok with a richer dressing. Pour into a glass and place in the fridge until needed.
Prep your veggies by removing the thick stems from the kale, washing and rinsing well - and squeezing out all the excess water from the kale leaves. you can also chop the kale into smaller pieces. Chop celery, bell pepper and cucumber.
Add the kale, celery, bell pepper and cucumber (or zucchini) to a large mixing bowl. Also add in half of your avocado. You can gently chop it into the bowl. Then add in your pumpkin seeds and hemp seeds. Lastly, add in the olives. Add in about 3 Tbsp of dressing to start.
Start tossing and mashing the salad briskly so that the avocado gets mashed into the leaves and the green goddess dressing marinates the leaves - and also softens them. Keep tossing until well combined and softened. Add more dressing as desired. I like A lot of dressing on this salad! That makes all the flavors very bold and every bite super cravable.
Distribute the salad evenly into two serving bowls. Then thinly slice the rest of your avocado over top the salads. You can add additional pumpkin seeds and olives over top as well. Serve!
- nutrition values do not include the dressing.
- you will have a lot of leftover dressing. You can keep it covered in the fridge. Use within 3 days. I just end up making this salad a few days in a row.
- you can also use another salad dressing when in a bind - the salad ingredients will still have amazing flavor, texture and nutrition!
Calories: 366kcal | Carbohydrates: 30g | Protein: 15g | Fat: 26g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Sodium: 213mg | Potassium: 1659mg | Fiber: 10g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 17263IU | Vitamin C: 273mg | Calcium: 277mg | Iron: 5mg