Easy Peanut Sauce
This creamy, lightly sweet and cravable vegan peanut sauce is delicious served over top veggies, noodles, teofu or tempeh - or use as a dipping sauce.
Servings: 4 servings
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 3-4 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1 1/2 Tbsp tamari or liquid aminos or soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp rice vinegar apple cider vinegar or lime juice
- 1/3 cup warm water
- 1/2 - 1 tsp raw ginger root peeled - optional
- optional: a pinch of cayenne or red pepper flakes or 1 clove garlic to bring more warmth
- salt and pepper to taste
- This sauce will absolutely thicken up when heated. So if you are adding to any cooked items, be sure to factor that in!
- If you want this sauce even thicker when cooked, add 1 tsp corn starch to the blend.
- If your sauce if too watery, add another 1-3 Tbsp peanut butter and another teaspoon of tamari.
- If you want your sauce much sweeter, reduce water to 3-4 Tbsp and sub 2 more Tbsp maple syrup. This is for a sweet peanut sauce!
- If your sauce is too thick, add another splash of water.
Calories: 232kcal | Carbohydrates: 16g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Sodium: 150mg | Potassium: 243mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 12g | Calcium: 30mg | Iron: 1mg