Fluffy pumpkin loaf that is warmly spiced and a soft sweetness, perfect for fall snacking. Vegan baking.
Servings: 8 slices
- 1/2 cup egg replacer JUST Egg used - see notes
- 3/4 cup pumpkin puree unsweetened
- 1 1/4 cups coconut sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 - 1/3 cup vegetable oil walnut oil used
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 1/4 cups bread flour AP flour can also be used
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp cinnamon
Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a loaf baking pan with parchment paper - or grease with oil.
Add all the wet ingredients to a large mixing bowl. Whisk until smooth.
Whisk in the dry ingredients. Stir until smooth.
Fold in walnuts.
Spoon the batter into your baking pan.
Bake at 350 degrees for about 60-65 minutes or until bread passes the toothpick test.
Remove loaf from oven. Allow loaf to cool in pan for ten minutes. Remove, then allow to cool for at least ten minutes before slicing -- longer cooling (20-30 minutes) is optional, but a good idea to prevent crumbling.
Egg replacer options:
- 1/2 cup silken tofu, pureed + a pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup flax egg
- 1/2 cup JUST Egg (what I used)
- 1/2 cup apple sauce (will add some additional sweetness)
Calories: 317kcal | Carbohydrates: 51g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Sodium: 272mg | Potassium: 255mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 18g | Vitamin A: 3575IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 81mg | Iron: 1mg