Double Chocolate Chip Cookies
Twice the chocolate in these rich, gooey double chocolate, chocolate chip cookies. Vegan. With walnuts too!
Servings: 16 cookies
cookie scoop or spoon
- 1/2 cup vegan butter 1 stick Earth Balance
- 2/3 cup cane sugar
- 2 Tbsp espresso or dark coffee
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp molasses *
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 cup vegan egg replacer **
- 1 1/4 cups chocolate chips
- 1 cup walnuts chopped
Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet(s) with parchment paper. For larger cookies, one sheet will work, smaller cookies will need two sheets.
Add all the wet ingredients to a large mixing bowl. Cream them together using a hand or stand mixer. combine until whipped and smooth.
Add in the dry ingredients and beat again until fluffy.
Fold in the chips and walnuts.
Place the dough in the fridge for about five minutes, just to chill up a nit. Longer is ok as well.
Scoop dough onto baking sheet(s). This recipe makes 12 large cookies or 16 average sized cookies.
Bake at 350 degrees for 11-14 minutes. Underbake slightly if you want a truly melty cookie. Cool on a cooling rack for at least ten minutes. Serve warm!
- * -- use molasses if you have it on hand. If not, sub out 1/3 of the sugar and replace with 1/2 cup brown sugar.
- ** -- I tested this recipe successfully using JUST Egg, a potato starch based egg replacer and silken tofu.
Calories: 173kcal | Carbohydrates: 20g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 159mg | Potassium: 90mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 10g | Vitamin A: 270IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 14mg | Iron: 1mg