Vegan Creamy Tomato Pasta
This speedy spin on tomato sauce pasta night uses a homemade creamy sauce from tofu (or cashews!) for the best texture and flavor.
Servings: 4 people
- 16 oz pasta
- 3 cups marinara sauce
- 5 oz tofu, silken
- 2 Tbsp walnuts
- 2 Tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1/4 cup vegan Parmesan cheese
- 1/8-1/4 tsp salt, or to taste
- drizzle olive oil, optional
- 1/2 tsp spices garlic, chilies, whatever you'd like
Boil a large pot of water and add your pasta. While the pasta boils, make your creamy sauce.
Add to a blender: tofu, walnuts, nutritional yeast, cheese, optional olive oil and start of a few spices. Blend until silky. Taste and add salt to taste. Add more spices to taste as well. I love garlic powder and something spicy.
Strain out water from pasta pot. Add the tomato sauce and warm together for a few minutes, over medium heat. Lid on, to hold in the moisture.
You can either add the creamy sauce directly to the pot, or add to individual serving bowls. Once added, stir together the tomato pasta with the creamy sauce. Serve!
- If you want leftover or "a little too much" creamy sauce, double the sauce recipe. I usually make a double recipe using the entire block of tofu, just because it is easier. The sauce is so good on pasta leftovers.
- Sub tofu with cashews: 1 cup or cashews and 1 c up of water is a good sub for the tofu. Add more or less water to adjust the thickness of the sauce when cashews are used.
Calories: 565kcal | Carbohydrates: 100g | Protein: 23g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 4g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 1041mg | Potassium: 960mg | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 11g | Vitamin A: 797IU | Vitamin C: 13mg | Calcium: 104mg | Iron: 4mg