Soft Pumpkin Cookies
These soft and fluffy pumpkin cookies are tender and warmly spiced - perfect for fall! You can add chocolate chunks if desired.
Servings: 14 cookies
- 1/2 cup cup vegan butter (1 stick)
- 1/2 cup + 1 Tbsp pumpkin puree, unsweetened
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1 flax egg (1 Tbsp ground flax meal + 1/4 cup water)
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/8 tsp cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups whole grain pastry flour (or similar)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- Optional: 1/4 cup dark chocolate chunks
Warm oven to 350 degrees and grease or line a baking sheet.
Add all the wet ingredients to a large mixing bowl. Beat until combined.
Add the dry ingredients and beat until fluffy. Fold in optional chocolate.
Spoon dough onto baking sheet.
Bake at 350 degrees for 12-15 minutes, or until the tops puff up and edges start to lightly brown. Cool for a ten minutes before serving.
Calories: 124kcal | Carbohydrates: 17g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 2g | Trans Fat: 1g | Sodium: 153mg | Potassium: 85mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 310IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 20mg | Iron: 1mg