Peanut Butter Pumpkin Seed Cookies
These salty meets sweet spin on a nutty, chewy peanut butter cookie are vegan, delicious and calling your name.
Servings: 14 cookies
- 1 tablespoon ground flax seed
- ¼ cup warm water
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup peanut butter, softened
- ¼ cup vegan butter
- ¾ cup raw turbino sugar
- 2 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup 1 tbsp whole wheat pastry flour
- ¾ teaspoon sea salt
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ cup pumpkin seeds + a few pinches extra for topping - raw and spicy flavor (lightly salted) - I use Eden or Go Raw brands
- 1-2 oz vegan chocolate bar, broken into chunks
- coarse sea salt for topping
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Whisk together the flax seed with the warm water. Set aside to thicken for at least two minutes.
In a large mixing bowl, combine the peanut butter, vanilla, vegan butter, vinegar, sugar and thickened flax egg. Stir by hand or with a mixer.
Fold in the flour, baking powder, sea salt. Stir until a dough forms. Then fold in the seeds and chocolate.
Roll into balls and place onto baking sheet. Press down with a fork to flatten. Top with coarse sea salt and a few additional pumpkin seeds.
Bake at 350 degrees for 9-14 minutes. Cool ten minutes before serving. Serve warm.
Calories: 116kcal | Carbohydrates: 13g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 3g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 1mg | Sodium: 172mg | Potassium: 114mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 12g | Vitamin A: 155IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 31mg | Iron: 1mg