Bread & Butter Pickle Tempeh-Bacon Toast
These tender peanut butter cookie dough bars are sweetened with dates and are a no-bake dessert! Gluten free and vegan.
Servings: 2 toasts
- 2 slices sourdough bread, toasted** (Wyoming Sourdough used) -- or sub with your fave bread or bagel or even pita!
- bread and butter pickles, to taste
- 2 tablespoon garlic hummus
- ½ avocado, sliced
- 10 strips of tempeh bacon or try shiitake bacon
- black pepper on top to taste
Prepare your tempeh bacon first. You can either make it yourself using my easy recipe or you can buy the packaged pre-marinated and sliced tempeh bacon. If you want to use a veggie, you could make shiitake or coconut bacon too!
Toast bread. Slather with hummus.
Add the avocado and smash or leave sliced.
Add the tempeh bacon and top with the bread and butter pickles. Add black pepper on top.