Roasted Pepper Hummus English Muffin Pizzas with Tomatoes
These Roasted Pepper Hummus English Muffin Pizzas with Tomatoes are slathered in rich hummus, topped with melty cheese and fresh tomatoes. Vegan and gluten-free if you use GF bread.
Servings: 6 pizzas
Roasted Pepper Hummus:
- 15oz can chickpeas, drained
- 1 bell pepper, roasted (SUNSET®)
- ½ cup raw walnuts
- 2 medium lemons, juiced
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
- ⅛ teaspoon smoky paprika (Penzey's Spices used) -- (topping or blend in)
- 3 English muffins, split in half
- ½ cup vegan cheese (shreds or thinly sliced) -- (Follow Your Heart used)
- 1 cup fresh tomatoes -- (SUNSET® Zima and Organic Campari)
- red pepper flakes
- micro greens
- extra virgin olive oil -- you could drizzle 1 tablespoon over top the hummus and drizzle over top pizzas if you want a more decadent presentation
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Roast peppers on stove top or oven -- or use jarred roasted peppers. Jarred roasted peppers will have a stronger flavor, but I like to lightly roast my own peppers on my stovetop for fast and easy DIY results.
Add all hummus ingredients to a blender. Blend until smooth. (Paprika can be adding directly to blender or sprinkled on top.)
Spread hummus on English muffins and top with tomatoes and vegan cheese.
Bake at 400 degrees for about ten minutes or until the cheese melts. I like to broil for an additional 1-2 minutes to really melt the cheese well. (Note: Add more cheese if you'd like!)
Serve by slicing and topping with red pepper flakes and micro greens.