Vegan Lunchbox Oatmeal Cookies
These fluffy yet chewy oatmeal cookies are studded with tiny bits of juicy raisins and melty chocolate chips. Perfect for little hands when you scoop them into mini sizes!
Servings: 24 cookies
1 baking sheet
1 mixing bowl
1 stand mixer / beater
1 sheet parchment paper
- ½ cup vegan butter
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- ⅓ cup cane sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup JUST vegan egg
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice optional
- 1 ½ cups all purpose flour see notes
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup oats rolled or quick - see notes
- ⅓ cup chocolate chips
- ⅓ cup raisins
- warm water
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Gather your ingredients.
Tip: Warm your butter a bit so it isn't rock hard, or chop into small pieces. Slightly softened is best for mixing. Add all of your wet ingredients to your mixing bowl. Beat until creamed together.
Add in the dry ingredients and continue beating until smooth.
Add in the oats and mix on low for another minute.
Soak your raisins in the warm water for a few seconds. Drain and then finely chop. Optionally chop your chocolate as well. Add both the chocolate and raisins to the douh. Fold in.
Scoop dough onto baking sheet.
Bake at 350 for 10 minutes for mini cookies or 14 minutes for regular sized cookies.
Transfer to cooling rack. Serve warm.
- Flour: You can use all-purpose, bread or gluten-free flour.
- Egg Replacer: Other options can be used such as a flax egg, silken tofu or even applesauce. JUST egg is my preferred ingredient for this recipe.
- Oats: I like to use a mix of whole rolled outs and quick oats. About a 50/50 ratio. Though you can use either one or both.
Calories: 120kcal | Carbohydrates: 14g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 2g | Trans Fat: 0.02g | Cholesterol: 5mg | Sodium: 122mg | Potassium: 38mg | Fiber: 0.4g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 278IU | Vitamin C: 0.4mg | Calcium: 23mg | Iron: 1mg