Christmas Tree Salad
This festive holiday salad looks like a sparkly, twinkly Christmas tree! Citrus, kale and pomegranate. Toast star on top.
- 1 bunch swiss chard chopped
- 1/3 cup pomegranate seeds
- 3/4 cup red grapes sliced
- 2 mandarin oranges peeled and sliced in half, segments separated
- 1 small onion diced
- 2 Tbsp dried cranberries optional
- 1 small apple chopped
- 1/2 cup pecans chopped
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/8 tsp coriander
- a few pinches of orange zest
- pinch of cayenne
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 slice toast sliced into a star
Simply prep all your ingredients and toss them with the dressing/spices in a large bowl. Toss and mix very well since this will help to distribute the flavors and infuse the chard with flavor.
You can serve right away or chill in the fridge for up to 12 hours in advance before serving. Any longer and your chard will begin to get a bit soft. Serve raw and chilled. Top it! For the “star” tree topper, simply toast any slice of bread and using either your knife (free-hand) or a star-shaped cookie cutter, cut out a toast star to top the tree salad.
Calories: 292kcal | Carbohydrates: 37g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 1mg | Sodium: 63mg | Potassium: 356mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 26g | Vitamin A: 1077IU | Vitamin C: 22mg | Calcium: 55mg | Iron: 1mg