Mushroom Burrito Bowl
Easy mushroom burrito bowl containing spiced skillet mushrooms, beans, rice and more! Plant-based, vegan.
Servings: 1 meal
- 1 cup rice cooked
- 3/4 cup pinto beans canned
- 1/4 cup vegan cheese shreds optional
- 1/3 cup salsa
- 1/3 cup cilantro finely chopped
- 1/4 cup sour cream vegan
- avocado optional
- 1 1/3 cups shiitake mushrooms washed, dried and sliced
- 2 tsp olive oil extra virgin
- 1-2 tsp taco seasoning salted
- 1 clove garlic minced, optional
- 1 lime sliced
- 2-3 tortillas warmed with vegan butter
Warm a skillet over high heat. Add the olive oil. When oil is hot, add in the shiitake mushrooms. Cook for 3-5 minutes, until softened and browning on the edges. Add in the taco seasoning and squeeze of lime. Turn off heat. Toss well. Set aside.
Warm up your rice and beans.
Melt cheese over beans - using microwave for 30 seconds.
Build your bowl: beans, rice, salsa, sour cream or guac, sprinkle cilantro over top. Squeeze lime juice over top. Add the skillet mushrooms and garnish with lime slices. Serve! Optional: serve with warmed, buttered tortillas.
Calories: 625kcal | Carbohydrates: 106g | Protein: 20g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 6g | Sodium: 1276mg | Potassium: 1681mg | Fiber: 19g | Sugar: 13g | Vitamin A: 819IU | Vitamin C: 24mg | Calcium: 159mg | Iron: 5mg