Medjool dates are pretty rad. I can tell you this with some serious street cred. I mean, just two days ago I was hanging from a date palm in Yuma, Arizona, shaking plump, juicy, caramelly Natural Delights Medjool dates from their tall, gorgeous trees. I tasted, inspected, gawked at and swooned over this unique, amazing fresh fruit for three days at a blogger summit. But more on that in an upcoming blogpost. Today, my treat-seeking friends. Today, we make the absolute yummiest thing you can do with a Medjool date. Chocolate-Dipped Peanut Butter Stuffed Medjool Dates. Lets go..
These sweet and savory Medjool dates are:
– peanut (or almond) butter stuffed.
– superfood sprinkled.
They are vegan, gluten-free with zero added sugars or weird ingredients or anything like that.
I promise to tell you much more about the magical Medjool date in my summit recap post. But today, lets just get to this recipe so you can do this…
The video recipe..
How did I discover this recipe? I tried this treat for the first time on night one of the Medjool summit. We returned to our hotel after a long exciting day of travel and chatter. As I entered my room I spotted a tiny, ribbon-wrapped box on my pillow. Inside was a perfectly made date, coated in chocolate, sprinkled in coarse Himalayan sea salt. (They looked even prettier than my dates .. I was in a hurry to make these babies!) I took a bite, intending to ‘just take one bite’ since I had just nibbled some dessert an hour before. But I quickly devoured the entire thing. Case closed.
Who Made those precious date bites? The amazing PR summit organizer, miss Beth Atkinson.
This recipe is inspired by Beth’s recipe. Enjoy it!
Medjool Date Softening Tip! Is your date dry-ish and firm? Pit your date. Soak it in warm water for ten seconds. Microwave for 5 seconds. Repeat 1-2 times. Blot outside of date with a paper towel to dry.
Chocolate-Dipped Peanut Butter Stuffed Medjool Dates
- 8 Medjool dates, pitted (Natural Delights used)
- ½ cup vegan chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon virgin coconut oil
- ¼ -⅓ cup nut butter, softened to room temperature
- coarse sea salt
- superfood toppings: try coconut, goji berries, chia seeds, cacao nibs, spices and more.
- Pit dates.
- Fill dates with nut butter, press closed with fingers. Place dates in the freezer to chill for 5-10 minutes – this will help them be coated in the chocolate more easily.
- Warm chocolate chips and coconut oil in the microwave until soft, stir briskly until silky smooth. Make sure chocolate cools a bit before dipping.
- Dip stuff chilled dates in the melted chocolate. Coat well. Lift date out of chocolate with fork and place on a parchent paper lined plate or small baking sheet.
- Top date with sea salt and optional superfoods. Repeat until all dates are coated.
- Place finished dates, on parchment paper, in the freezer until firm enough to handle and eat. Usually about 5-15 minutes. Store leftover in the fridge — let the stored dates warm a bit before serving for a softer texture.
Yield: 8 dates
Prep Time: 00 hrs. 10 mins.
Total time: 10 mins.
Tags: dates, dessert,chocolate,peanut butter, medjool dates, sweet,easy,recipe,vegan,superfoods,