These tasty Ginger-Peanut Power Up Greens Salad Rolls are all the loveliness of a peanut-ginger kale salad, rolled up into a grab-n-enjoy brown rice roll! Super refreshing for warmer weather, these greens and carrot wraps can be served as a healthy-delicious snack, appetizer or alongside most any meal. I made these rolls using a new kale-infused product from Dole!..
The brown rice wraps..
I was offered the chance to try Dole’s brand new bunch of Power Up Green products and create a bite-sized recipe featuring the new greens. Well any chance to work with leafy greens, get inspired and be creative and I am in!
More about the new DOLE Power Up Greens:
* Three varieties of DOLE Power Up Greens: Baby Kale, Baby Kale & Greens and Spring Mix & Greens.
* These blends are among the first Dole salads to feature kale! Kale is of course rich in vitamins A, C and K, folate calcium and phytonutrients.
* Impressive pricing: each 4.5 oz. resealable clamshell retails for $2.99-$3.49
* Pre-washed and ready to go! Add to salads, smoothies, wraps, sandwiches, cooked entrees and more.
* I love the tender textures and bold flavors of the greens. So many varieties including baby spinach, baby kale, baby red chard, baby green chard and more.
Another recipe to try: Check out this yummy kale chip recipe on DoleSalads.com: Power Up Greens Kale Chips!
Now what do I create out of these inspiring leafy greens?? Well one of my favorite flavor combos is kale and peanut. So I decided to let the greens be the star of my recipe show and create a light and lovely rice wrap spring roll, stuffed with the leafy greens, my special ginger-peanut dressing, and some crunchy carrot ribbons too.
These rolls are kinda like eating salad, via a rice roll! We devoured these bite-sized rolls at dinner time in place of our normal leafy greens salad.
Ginger-Peanut Power Up Greens Salad Rolls
4 servings (about 2 rolls per serving)
1 4.5oz clamshell of DOLE Power Up Greens, Baby Kale & Greens blend (any of the three varieties can be used though!)
2 large carrots, shredded or peeled into ribbons
8 brown rice paper wraps (The kind that come stiff and firm in circle shapes.)
2 tablespoon peanut butter, creamy
1 – 1 ½ teaspoon maple syrup, grade B
1 – 1 ½ teaspoon apple cider vinegar
½ teaspoon freshly grated ginger (use more for more ginger spiciness!)
pinch of salt and pepper to taste
pinch of garlic powder (optional)
Also: a bowl of warm water in a large shallow bowl – wide enough to submerge rice wrap, keeping it flat (for wetting the rolls)
1. Add the greens to a large mixing bowl.
2. In a small cup, add the peanut butter and maple syrup. Place in the microwave for 30 seconds to melt and warm. Briskly stir the melted nut butter blend, and whisk in the remaining dressing ingredients.
3. Pour the dressing over top the greens and fold into the greens bold. Toss very well for 2-3 minutes until the warm peanut dressing marinates and lightly wilts the leafy greens, infusing them with ginger-peanut flavor. Set aside.
4. Fill your wraps: Wet each wrap in the warm water bowl by soaking the wrap for 20-40 seconds until it becomes soft and silky. Using you palm, carefully lift the wrap out of the water, trying not to stick the wrap to itself, keeping it in a flat layer. (The rice wrap package should have further instructions if needed.) Add a handful of the peanut-ginger greens and a pinch of the ribbon or shredded carrots. Then carefully roll the wrap, sealing the sides as you roll tightly. The wet and sticky wrap will seal itself by sticking. Place the roll on a serving platter and continue filling your wraps until all the filling has been used up. About 8 wraps can be made.
5. Serve the rolls or chill for at least twenty minutes or longer before serving, for chilled wraps. These rolls can be made a few hours before serving, but are best served same day. For tiny bite-sized servings, slice the rolls once or twice.
*Disclosure: This is a sponsored post by DOLE Power Up Greens, but all recipes, images and opinions are my own*