This Green Power Tower Salad is a tall tower of green fuel for your busy day! My Sunny Maple Tahini Dressing coats a mix of sturdy, sweet winter greens including kale and Swiss chard. Protein-rich chickpeas and silky avocado mingle with the flavor-infused, ribbon sliced greens. Sweet winter citrus on the side. I added omega3-rich oil over top too!
This healthy-delicious salad is under 500 calories and has over 20 grams of protein. Devour it as an entree salad or split it with a friend as a side dish. This blend is loaded with iron, calcium, fiber, vitamins A and C, manganese and more! Get the recipe..
You guys know how much I love raw chard salads, right? Well this salad combines chard AND kale. Quite the dynamic duo.
More of my chard salads:
Leftover bunches of greens are perfect for whipping up a green salad filled with eclectic veggies. I used dino kale and green chard – but any winter green would be delish.
If you are going to eat the salad right away, you can use more delicate greens like spinach and arugula.
Add-on’s. So many ideas for yummy topping for this salad if you’d like to add more goodies..
* miso-marninated, sauteed tofu cubes.
* shiitake mushrooms, sliced and sauteed in balsamic vinegar, pepper and oil.
* diced red bell pepper.
* tamari-sauteed maple tempeh.
* roasted cashews.
* raw pumpkin, hemp or sunflower seeds.
* a side of toast slathered in Vegenaise.
* diced sweet onion.
* Side of soup.
..the serving options are endless with this inspiring green power tower. Dig in!!
Nutritional info.. (for the entire salad. if splitting into two servings, halve the nutritional info too.)
Green Power Tower Salad
vegan, serves 1-2
2 cups green chard, thinly chopped into ribbons
2 cups kale, thinly sliced into ribbons (dinosaur kale used)
*both greens organic
½ cup chick peas / garbanzo beans (canned/organic)
½ cup avocado, diced (+ a few slices for garnish)
⅛ teaspoon lemon zest
1 satsuma, peeled
Vega Antioxidant Omega Oil blend (or other healthy oil) (drizzled over top to serve) (optional)
Sunny Maple Tahini Dressing:
1-1 ½ tablespoon creamy tahini, organic
1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
1 teaspoon lemon juice
2-3 teaspoon maple syrup
a few pinches black pepper
1. Add all dressing ingredients to a small bowl, briskly stir with a fork until smooth and creamy. Set aside.
2. Rinse your greens under hot water. Then rinse in chilled water. Spin or pat dry. Slice into thin ribbons and place in large mixing bowl. Add lemon zest.
3. Rinse beans in hot water then in cold water. Remove chickpea skins if desired. Toast in saute pan if desired. Set aside.
4. Dice avocado and add to greens bowl. Set aside a few slices for garnish.
5. Add your dressing to your greens bowl and toss well. If you do not like your avocado a bit soft-edged from the tossing, add it after tossing greens with dressing.
6. Fold chickpeas into the greens.
7. I like the salad best when chilled in the fridge for at least an hour so the tahini gets all chilled and creamy. (But you can also eat right away.) To serve: Place greens on serving plate. Top with avocado. Add citrus to plate. Drizzle with omega-rich oil if desired.
THANK YOU for the happy book feedback! Pre-order your copy today and more book details -> 365 Vegan Smoothies Book.