What a fun year 2009 has been for Healthy. Happy. Life. I have had the joy of posting over 650 blog posts and numerous healthy, happy recipes and wellness tips. I have been thrilled to read your comments and feedback. You guys are awesome! So for my end-of-the-year review I’d like to showcase my Top 25 Vegan Recipes of 2009, based on blog traffic. So if you missed any vegan recipes this year, it’s catch up time. I’ve also listed my Top 15 Non-Recipe Blog Posts of 2009. The envelope please…
Number One (Non-Recipe) Post. The number one (most traffic) non-recipe blog post of 2009 was: Wii Active vs. Wii Fit vs. Life. I wasn’t surprised so many people were googling about whether or not to purchase a video game system to help them ‘get fit’ this past year. I am personally not a huge fan of video games as a main source of fitness, but you can read my full blog post for all the info on this timely technology/wellness topic.
Number One Recipe. You loved it and I love it. The number one rated recipe of 2009 was my Spicy Verde Lasagna. It’s oh so good. And oh so vegan. Note: this was also my number one overall ranked blog post of 2009.
Top Fifteen Non-Recipe Blog Posts of 2009
1. Wii Active vs. Wii Fit vs. Life
2. Chipotle’s Vegan Garden Blend Grill, Welcomed in DC!
3. Blender Review: Vita-Mix, Blendtec vs. Oster Fusion.
4. Mango Nutrition Facts: Super Fruit, Tropical Delight!
5. New from Vitamin Water: Sync and Ten Calorie Flavors
6. Vegan Thanksgiving 101: Tips, Advice and the Basics.
7. Eco-Atkins Diet: Healthier Weight loss than Atkins.
8. Don’t Eat Baby Carrots?! Chlorine and White Blushing.
9. Twilight’s Taylor Lautner Adds 26 Pounds of Muscle, for Sequel
10. Foods for your Mood Part Three: Purifying Foods!
11. Vegan Red Velvet Cake: Red Mango Bakery. My Review.
12. Coconut Water 101: For those of you who haven’t heard…..
13. Watermelon 101: The Good. The Bad. The Ugly.
14. How to Roast a Pepper 101
15. Blackstrap Molasses: Black Goo that’s Good-for-You!
Top 25 Vegan Recipes of 2009
1. Spicy Lasagna Verde with Green Basil Pesto. Vegan.
2. Coconut Water Ice Cubes: Best Healthy Smoothie Tip!
3. Sweet Potato Tofu Hash. Vegan Comfort Food.
4. Rainbow Wraps: Veggies!
5. Recipe: Vegan Carrot Ginger Soup, Two Ways!
6. Tempeh Bacon Recipe. Vegan ‘Facon’ for All.
7. Vegan Thanksgiving Series: Main Dish Proteins. 15 Ideas.
8. Fruity Fizz White Sangria. Healthy Happy Hour.
9. Recipe: Vegan Cole Slaw
10. Sweet Fresh Corn Cake. Scoop or Loaf. Both Vegan.
11. Vegan Thanksgiving Series: Appetizer Recipes. Top Ten!
12. Zesty Lemon Custard Bars. Vegan. No-Bake. Zing-y!
13. “Back to School” Series: Ten Lunchbox Showstoppers!
14. Picnic Perfect Chickenless Salad Sandwich. Vegan.
15. Recipe: Chocolate Covered Strawberry Layer Cake.
16. Pineapple Enzyme Banana Smoothie. Happier Sinuses.
17. The Definitive Vegan Stuffing Post: Recipe Trio.
18. Pumpkin Spice Apple Pecan Muffins. No Oil Added.
19. Vegan Rice Pudding. Dessert and Breakfast Approved.
20. Vegan Ranch Dressing Dip.
21. Recipe: Sweet ‘n Sassy Sweet Potato Pita Pockets!
22. Oatmeal Bake Tiki Squares. Kid-Approved Breakfast.
23. Kitchen Sink Granola Bars.
24. Top Ten Summer Sandwich Recipes! No-Cook Meals.
25. Kathy’s Famous Sweet Potato Mash!
*NOTE: Since these lists have a built in bias towards posts I did earlier on in 2009, I highly suggest you peruse the recipes index to catch up on all my latest fave recipe posts. Like Cheesecake Pumpkin Pie and Butternut Squash Fall Pasta…and many more.*
HAPPY NEW YEAR!