Each year the Hollywood Book Festival draws over 30,000 attendees.
See the announcement of The Lunchbox Bunch win here: www.hollywoodbookfestival.com/winners.htm
About the festival:
Copies of The Wiggle Jiggle Book will be available for purchase soon on out website!! Check back or email us for the official on-sale announcement.
The daytime festival for the 2008 Hollywood Book Festival will be held at The Grove at Farmers Market, the premiere shopping, entertainment and dining destination in the heart of Hollywood. The event will be presented in conjunction with Barnes & Noble Booksellers.
The days activities include author readings, celebrity book signings, panels on the Hollywood/book publishing connection, live music, clowns doing face painting and balloon animals, and all the energy that’s part of a major entertainment event.
With over 30,000 attendees expected, the Hollywood Book Festival offers extraordinary opportunities for book publishers and authors to reach an active, affluent and educated audience that’s eagerly looking for something to read on vacation! Please contact us at [email protected] or call 323-665-8080 to obtain an exhibitor’s form
• 10:00 a.m. Vendor area opens, festival begins
• 10:30 a.m. Los Solecitos meet and greet
• 11:00 a.m. *** Best-selling author Christina Schwarz, author of “Drowning Ruth,” reading from her new novel, “So Long At The Fair”;
• 11:30 a.m. HBF Winner
• 12:00 noon Rocker Richard Barone, former leader of the Bongos and author of “Frontman: Surviving The Rock Star Myth,” with a music performance accompanied by a reading from “Three’s Company” actress Joyce DeWitt;
• 12:30 p.m. HBF Grand Prize Winner
• 1:00 p.m. *** Sex and the City actor Evan Handler, who will read from his new work, “It’s Only Temporary: The Good News and the Bad News of Being Alive”;
• 1:30 pm.. *** Terri Cheney, an entertainment attorney whose clients included Michael Jackson, Quincy, Jones, Universal and Columbia, reading from Manic, her account of severe depression
• 2:00 p.m. Music: Ice Age Jazztet
• 2:30 p.m. Emmy-award winning Disney cartoon writer/producer Jess Winfield, reading from his novel, “My Name Is Will”;
• 3:00 p.m. ** PANEL DISCUSSION: Writing About Hollywood, With and Without Cooperation. Panelists include Mike Walker of the National Enquirer and author of Get Real; Henrietta Tiefenthaler, author of the Anna Nicole Smith tell-all Train Wreck; Carrie Borzillo-Vrenna, author of Eyewitness Nirvana and a former People magazine writer; and Eric Dubin, celebrity attorney and author of The Star Chamber. Panel will be moderated by former Hollywood Reporter editor-in-chief Alex Ben Block, author of “Outfoxed: The Inside Story of America’s Fourth Television Network” and “The Legend of Bruce Lee”
• 4:00 p.m. Entertainment writer David Rensin, reading from his new biography, All For A Few Perfect Waves: The Audacious Life and Legend of Rebel Surfer Miki Dora, who ruled the Malibu surf crowd in the 50s and 60s.
• 4:30 p.m. HBF Winner
• 5:00 p.m. Actress Heather Thomas, reading from her new novel, Trophies
• 5:30 p.m. Music: Liz Nash
END OF FESTIVAL
2008 HOLLYWOOD BOOK FESTIVAL NAMES FIRST APPEARANCES
LOS ANGELES (May 27, 2008) _ The 2008 Hollywood Book Festival has named the first celebrity appearances for its annual daytime festival celebrating books that deserve greater recognition from the film, television, game and multimedia communities.
The event will be held on Saturday, July 12 at The Grove at Farmers Market, one of the premiere entertainment, shopping and dining destinations in Hollywood. All activities are free and open to the public.
Presented in conjunction with Barnes & Noble Booksellers, the Hollywood Book Festival will feature author readings/signings, book publishing panels, live music, book vendors, clowns offering face painting and balloon animals and the bustling ambiance of the Grove’s center square.
Authors scheduled to appear include:
• *** Sex and the City actor Evan Handler, who will read from his new work “It’s Only Temporary: The Good News and the Bad News of Being Alive”;
• *** Star Trek writer Leonard Mlodinow, reading from his new non-fiction work, “The Drunkard’s Walk”;
• *** Terri Cheney, an entertainment attorney whose clients included Michael Jackson, Quincy, Jones, Universal and Columbia, reading from “Manic,” her account of severe depression;
• *** Rocker Richard Barone, author of “Frontman: Surviving The Rock Star Myth,” with a music performance accompanied by a reading from “Three’s Company” actress Joyce DeWitt;
• *** Best-selling author Christina Schwarz, author of “Drowning Ruth,” reading from her new novel “So Long At The Fair”;
• *** Producer Jess Winfield, reading from his new work “My Name Is Will”;
• *** Entertainment writer Carrie Borzillo-Vrenna, appearing in support of her new book “Cherry Bomb: The Ultimate Guide .
The Hollywood Book Festival is produced by JM Northern Media LLC, producers of the New York Book Festival and DIY Book Festival, and is sponsored by Barnes & Noble Booksellers, Larimar St. Croix Writers Colony, The Hollywood Creative Directory, eDivvy, Westside Websites and Shopanista