*This post is sponsored by DOLE, but all opinions are my own.
Raise your hand if you prefer to buy organic produce when possible. *Raises hand.* And that is why I am excited to announce a new line of organic products from DOLE, a company that I have been grateful to work with, here on my blog, for many years now. I mean, any company that paints giant fruits and veggies on its ceiling (see this post) is definitely a brand that is on the same dietary page as me.
The new products.. DOLE Organic Salad Mixes!
Recipe. Today I am sharing a super easy weeknight meal, my BBQ Chickpea Salad Wraps with avocado. This hearty, yet healthy wrap serves up loads of DOLE’s fluffy organic greens, as well as spicy-sweet skillet chickpeas, buttery avocado and some warm brown rice too. This wrap is a great way to load up on super good-for-you leafy greens. Get the complete recipe and check out these greens!..
The Line. DOLE’s line of organic salad mixes include these varieties: Organic Spring Mix, Organic 50/50 Salad Mix, Organic Kale Salad Mix, Organic Super Spinach Salad Mix, Organic Baby Spinach and Arugula Salad Mix. Learn more here on DOLE.com.
DOLE’s line of organic salad mixes are perfection. They have the most tender texture and robust and complex flavors. Salad blends are such an easy way to eat your leafy greens. DOLE’s salad blends are ready to go, thoroughly washed and preservative free. The whole clamshell (around 6 cups of greens) contains around 40 calories so you can load up and devour every last leaf.
DOLE’s organic leafy greens are an excellent source of vitamins A, C, K, folate, manganese and even iron!
And everything is better with a little avocado, so I tossed that in there too!
The Organic 50/50 blend is a robust and balanced blend of delicate baby greens and lettuces, including tender baby spinach, peppery radicchio and invigorating arugula and chard. Is the 50/50 Blend for me? Basically, when you want to have you go-to baby spinach, plus some robust and diversely textured extras, this blend is for you!
BBQ Chickpea Salad Wraps w/ Avocado
- 2 extra large wraps (whole wheat spinach used)
- 4 handfuls of DOLE Organic 50/50 Blend Salad Mix
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 1/2 avocado, sliced
- 1 1/2 cups canned chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup BBQ sauce, vegan – homemade or choose a healthy store-bought variety
- 1/2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup DOLE onion, diced
- Prepare the chickpeas. Warm a large skillet over high heat. Add the EVOO. Add the onion. Saute for 2-3 minutes. Add the chickpeas and BBQ sauce. Stir well. Cover with lid and cook 2-4 minutes, shaking the pan ever minute or so. Turn off heat. Sprinkle salt and pepper over top the chickpeas, to taste. Set aside to cool a bit to allow the sauce to become sticky.
- Warm tortillas. You can do this in the microwave or on your stovetop or oven. When the tortillas are soft and warm, start adding in ingredients!
- Add one cup of rice to each tortilla, then top with the avocado (about 1/4 avocado per wrap) and about 3/4 cup of the skillet chickpeas. Finally add in two big handfuls of the greens, to each tortilla. Note: if you are using a smaller tortilla, or a pita pocket, modify amounts as needed. You could also scrap the bread and serve this as a salad.
- Add optional secret sauce. I make this sauce by briskly whisking a pinch of smoked paprika in about 1/3 cup vegan mayo. Add about 1 Tbsp to each wrap. (optional)
- Roll up each wrap, slice and serve warm!
- Pro-Tip: I actually like to serve this wrap with a side bowl of the DOLE organic greens. I like to stuff more greens inside the wrap as I eat or just nibble them on the side. They are so flavorful and tender. Side of fries? Nope! Side of greens.
Yield: 2 wraps
Prep Time: 00 hrs. 10 mins.
Cook time: 00 hrs. 10 mins.
Total time: 20 mins.
And for dessert, you can absolutely whip up this DIY DOLE Whip..
*This post is sponsored by DOLE organic, but all opinions are my own.