This is a one potato meal that you need to make! These are amazing. I hope you try my Cheezy Broccoli Stuffed Sweet Potatoes with a black eyed pea-tahini mash, and tahini-maple drizzle on top. Salsa optional. Get the vegan recipe..
..So yummy on its own, but oh when you add yummy things to it. Dinner bliss. (Healthy dinner bliss.)
I should have been running errands.
Not cooking up and photoshooting more recipes for the blog, since I have a queue a mile long.
But these potatoes.
I made them around 4pm today and just HAD to eat them as an extra early dinner feast. They are so filling, soothing, nurturing, healthy, delicious and just plain rad. I really hope you try them!
Sweet potatoes offer up flavor, fiber and loads of vitamin A and potassium.
Black eyed peas offer up fiber, iron and protein.
Broccoli is a veggie you want to be eating more of because of its antioxidants and possible anti-cancer benefits.
Tahini offers flavor and healthy fats.
Nutritional yeast adds essential amino acids and B-vitamins.
Garlic is a healthy super ingredient with so many benefits including an immune system and healthy heart boost.
And optional salsa adds even more flavor and veggie goodness.
Have a stuffed sweet potato meal this week!
Cheezy Broccoli Stuffed Sweet Potato
- 2 medium sweet potatoes
- bean smash:
- 1 cup black eyed peas (frozen used) — (or use another bean)
- 2 teaspoon tahini
- ¼ cup lemon juice + pinch of zest
- 1 clove garlic
- 2-3 tablespoon plain non-dairy milk OR water (as needed to blend)
- salt and pepper to taste
- cheezy broccoli:
- ¼ – ½ cup nutritional yeast
- 5 cups organic broccoli florets (frozen used)
- tahini-maple drizzle:
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- optional: chunky salsa
- also: 1-2 teaspoon maple syrup
- Warm oven to 400 degrees. Poke fork holes in the sweet potato. Bake for 30-60 minutes, or until tender and sticky sweet.
- While potato bakes, prepare the fillings.
- Bean smash: Heat the black eyed peas by boiling them for 5 minutes. Drain water and add peas to blender along with garlic, tahini, lemon juice and non-dairy milk as needed. Blend until smooth, yet still slightly textured. Add salt and pepper to taste. Spoon out into small bowl.
- Steam or lightly boil broccoli until tender. Drain and add to a skillet over high heat. Sprinkle nutritional yeast over top and fold a bit. Cook for 4-5 minutes, tossing broccoli with a spatula ever minute or so. You want to heat the broccoli just enough so that the excess water dries out a bit and the nutritional yeast marinates into the broccoli. (You could also roast broccoli with a splash of EVOO.) Set broccoli aside when ready.
- Whisk together the maple and tahini for the drizzle. Stir until silky smooth.
- Stuff your potato! Slice potato down the middle. Add a small drizzle of maple syrup (optional) and mash the sides of the potato to fluff and soften. Mash the filling down to make a nice hole for the filling to sit in. Next, spoon in ½ cup of the bean mash and flatten down, spreading evenly over inside of potato. Finally, pile in the broccoli and drizzle the tahini-maple drizzle over top. Add optional salsa.
Yield: 2 sweet potatoes
Prep Time: 00 hrs. 10 mins.
Cook time: 00 hrs. 50 mins.
Total time: 60 mins.
Tags: entree,sweet potato,maple,beans,broccoli,vegan,dinner
Love stuffed sweet potatoes? Check out my Over-Stuffed and Simple-Stuffed Sweet Potato recipes..