Instant Cozy Meal. Pour a large bowl, serve it with some crusty bread or maybe homemade vegan jalapeño cheddar biscuits or cornbread, and sink into bliss. Creamy blended cauliflower provides the rich base and a slight hint of coconut milk makes things extra creamy.
Warming spices like curry powder, cinnamon and smoked paprika accent. You can even add in some optional saffron if you’d like. This soup also has some white beans blended in to add protein, iron and fiber.
Coconut Curry Cauliflower Soup
Creamy and warmly spiced, this cauliflower soup has a spicy sweet flavor that soothes and comforts.
- 12 ounces vegetable broth
- 10 cups cauliflower (one medium head)
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 teaspoon curry powder (or to taste)
- 2 tablespoon coconut milk
- 1 cup white beans, cooked (boxed beans used) – drain and rinse well
- 2 teaspoon ginger powder
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 2-3 tablespoon maple syrup, grade B (or use agave)
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ – ¾ teaspoon salt
- optional: a few saffron strands
- to serve: a few pinches of smoked paprika, a few pinches of pumpkin seeds
- Chop your cauliflower into large florets and remove and green leaves or thick stem.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and submerge cauliflower. Cook until tender but not mushy, about 6-8 minutes. Drain cauliflower and place half of it in a high speed blender.
- Also add to the blender, the cooked beans (drain and rinse first), coconut milk, ginger, curry, vinegar, veggie broth, maple syrup, garlic and cinnamon. Blend until very smooth.
- If you can fit all the soup in your one blender, simply add the remaining cauliflower (that you set aside) and blend it in too. But if your blender is getting a bit too full, pour out half the blended mixture, into a soup pot, and then add the remaining cauliflower and blend.
- Once all the ingredients are blended together, pour all the soup into a soup pot and warm over medium heat. At this point you can salt to taste and add additional spices as desired. You can also stir in the optional saffron strands.
- Simmer the soup one low-medium until ready to serve, at least ten minutes to fully warm it through and allow the flavors to mingle and heat. Serve with a few pinches of smoked paprika on top, a sprinkle of pumpkin seeds and optional additional sweetener if you like an additional bold sweet accent to all those spicy savory flavors.
Yield: 4 servingsPrep Time: 00 hrs. 15 mins. Cook time: 00 hrs. 10 mins. Total time: 25 mins. Tags: soup,curry,cauliflower,fall,comfort food