*The grand prize is generously donated from Vitamix.
Summertime, lazy days and vacation season may be fading fast, but have no fear! Here on HHL it is giveaway time. And there is always a reason to get excited when you own a Vitamix. Seriously, I love these things. My Vitamix brings me so much kitchen joy, all year round.
End of Summer Giveaway. I love a good giveaway. I love offering something to thank you guys for connecting, following me and for being an awesome community of people. (Some of you have been around for ten years now!) And hopefully while you are visiting my site, you will pop around a bit and find a plant-based recipe you want to try.
Plus, I get to feel a bit like Oprah, “You get a Vitamix! You get some matcha! You get smoothie goodies!”
For this giveaway, I will choose three winners.
*see bottom for shipping restrictions
The grand prize is a big one. A top of the line, gorgeous, amazing, life-changing Ascent Series Vitamix.
My Vitamix is by far the most-used and most-beloved appliance or thing in my kitchen. I am very brand loyal, as many Vitamix owners are. Vitamix is a family-owned brand stands for quality, passion and commitment to their family of Vitamix owners.
Investment Purchase. Seriously, if there is one kitchen or healthy-diet investment you make in the next month or year or years — make it a Vitamix. I promise, you will be so in love with it. And the best part: you will suddenly be drinking more healthy smoothies and blending up more soups, dips, sauces and more. Over the years, I have found that it is so much easier to be creative in the kitchen when I have a professional tool like a Vitamix at my fingertips.
I have been playing with my Vitamix Ascent Series for a few months now and let me tell you seven reasons why I love it..
1. Containers. The containers are gorgeous and so functional. I adore the clear tops and how they snap into place so well. With the clear tops you can easily monitor the blending process without removing the lid. Also, the lid plug doubles as a measuring device.
2. Touchscreen. The A3300 and A3500 offer a scratch-resistant touchscreen that is really easy to clean. Just wipe it down and done.
3. All about the SELF-DETECT technology… “Vitamix Ascent Series blenders are engineered with new SELF-DETECT™ technology, so the machine knows precisely which container is placed on the base and adjusts blend settings accordingly. The machine will not power on until a container is properly seated on the motor base, and certain programs are automatically disabled if the wrong container is used, such as hot soup in any container but the 64-oz. container.”
..I love this because it makes your blender almost like a “smart device” and improves safety. I cannot tell you how many times I have accidentally started my Vitamix with the container a bit off center because I wasn’t paying attention and “Schreeeech!” It makes a horrible loud screeching sound and I have to quickly pull it off. Have you ever done that?? Well this new technology prevents those types of mistakes.
4. Lots of pre-programmed settings! The A3300 offers program settings for Smoothies, Hot Soups, and Frozen Desserts, while the A3500 offers Smoothies, Hot Soups, Frozen Desserts, Dips & Spreads, and Self-Cleaning. I really love how when you use a program there is a timer that counts backwards letting you know how much time is left on the blend. So helpful!
5. That Knob Though. I just love the knob on my Vitamix A3500. It sounds like a simple thing, but when your hands are wet or messy from cooking prep, it is nice to have a big sturdy knob!
6. The cute bouncy logo. When your Vitamix is plugged in but not in use, a cute little spiral logo spins all over the touchscreen screen. It is a very small detail, but one of my favorites.
7. 10-years covered. Vitamix Ascent Series machines come with a 10-year full warranty.
Learn more about Vitamix’s Ascent Series.
Enter the Giveaway!..
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Bonus content: Endless Summer Problems: Solved!
Problem 1: Hot. Tired. Parched.
Answer: Watermelon Frosty! Hydrating, sweet, light, refreshing, pink.
Problem 3: A bunch of people are coming over for a Labor Day dinner, what do I cook??
Answer: Sweet Potato Veggie Burgers – lay out all the toppings and have a DIY burger bar. On the side, some 5-step kale salad, cole slaw or this summery ranch salad.
Problem 4: Headed to the beach for an end-of-summer party, what in the world do I bring?
Answer: A few reusable water bottles (these Swell bottles are my favorite!) filled with coconut water and coconut water ice cubes – or frozen fruit (frozen grapes work really well!) A few hummus-stuffed pitas with spinach. And a giant container of pre-sliced or ready-to-eat fresh fruit (pineapple, plums, peaches, apricots, blueberries). Salty snacks also work well! Try veggie puffs, Hippeas, crackers, Siete corn chips or pretzels. I also love a toasted bagel with vegan cream cheese (love Kite Hill!) or a PBJ sandwich. And you can always bring a few vegan peanut butter cookies for snacking!
Problem 5: It is still too hot to “cook” anything, what cool meals can I make?
Answer: Smoothie Bowls are always a good idea. Add loads of fruit, granola, nut butter, seed or cereal toppings to boost things. Another option: toast! Surely you can still toast some bread. Avocado Toast or Hummus Toast is delicious. Salads are also always a great idea for summer meals. Another fun option: chilled zucchini “zoodles” aka noodles!
If you just want to buy some at the store you are in luck because SO many awesome flavors are out there! I love anything coconut or cashew-based. And cookie dough is probably my fave flavor. The soy-based version from So Delicious is a fave of mine. I also love the vegan Ben and Jerry’s Peanut Butter Cookies and Cream.
Problem 7: I love my matcha lattes, but they are too hot to drink in the summer.
Answer: Try a DIY Matcha Frapp. OR pour your latte over a bit of ice. Pro-tip for iced matcha lattes: add a tiny bit more matcha and omit any added water, since the ice cubes will melt and water things down a bit.
Problem 8: My house is going to be loaded with kiddos in a few hours, what do I make to entertain them? They love fun recipes!
Answer: Rainbow Roll-Ups are always a good idea. You could also bake some “mall cookies” or Funfetti Flower-Top Cupcakes. Or a Unicorn Frapp.
Problem 9: I get so bored with my smoothies. I need some help.
Answer: My book! 365 Vegan Smoothies.
Problem 10: Back to School is coming!!! I need recipes…
Answer: This post should give you a bunch of plant-based after-school snack ideas!
Good Luck everyone and thank you for being a part of the Healthy Happy Life and Finding Vegan communities!
Disclosure: This post is not monetarily sponsored, but the grand giveaway prize has been graciously donated by Vitamix. I am a Vitamix affiliate and there are affiliate links in this post. The matcha prize has been donated by Encha Organic Matcha – as part of our Kathy’s Matcha Chat Series.
Entry requirements / shipping: USA entry approved for all three prizes. If you want to enter the giveaway from Canada, you certainly can, but only the ‘smoothie goodies’ prize will be open to you due to shipping restrictions.
Vitamix Summer Savings. If you just cannot wait to buy a Vitamix, there are some amazing deals right now. You can snag a CR Vitamix for just $269! That is an incredible deal. The blender model is the first Vitamix I ever owned and works beautifully. Check out all the Vitamix Summer Savings here.