One bite from this fully loaded vegan bowl and you just might think you have struck gold. The golden sweet potato, cheezy vegan sprinkle and smoky-maple chickpea kind of gold!
The Eureka! Bowl. These flavors are bold and alluring. Creamy peanut-sauce smothered kale, skillet chickpeas with smoky maple flavors, buttery avocado and a nutritional yeast-walnut cheezy sprinkle on top. Grab your fork and dive into this glistening plant-based meal. There is a lot of edible GOLD to find in this bowl!..
Add in a little YouTube video filming sesh..
Add in buttery avocado… always.
Citrus, sweet potato, cheezy sprinkle.. GOLDmine foods..
This dinner-approved bowl is gluten-free, soy-free and loaded with protein, healthy fats, fiber and nutrients. This is power food!
Dive in and strike gold. 😉
The Eureka! Bowl. Peanut Kale Smoky-Maple Chickpea Sweet Potato Avocado
- 1 bunch kale (I used dino kale) + 1/2 cup red onion, diced
- 1/8 – 1/4 cup peanut sauce
- 16oz can chickpeas, drained/rinsed
- 1/2 – 3/4 tsp smoked paprika
- 1-2 tsp nutritional yeast
- 2 tsp tamari
- 2 tsp maple syrup, grade B
- 1/2 tsp extra virgin olive oil (for the pan)
- 1 small sweet potato, baked, skin peeled and diced
- 1 small tangerine/citrus, peeled and segmented
- 1 small avocado or 1/2 large avocado, diced
- 1/2 lemon, sliced into wedges (for squeezing on top to serve)
- 1/3 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup
Cheezy Sprinkle: (you will have leftovers)
- 3/4 cup raw walnuts
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast
- Bake your sweet potato an hour ahead of time in a 400 degree oven for 30-50 minutes — or until cooked through. Allow to cool a bit before peeling and cubing. You could also microwave your sweet potato — or boil.
- Prepare your peanut sauce by blending the peanut butter, maple syrup and water in a blender until smooth.
- Kale: Remove the thick stalk of each kale leaf. Rinse leaves well in very hot water to help soften the kale a bit. I use a fruit and veggie wash. Chop your kale into small bits and place kale in a large mixing bowl. Add the 1/2 cup red onion.
- Pour about 1/4 cup of the peanut sauce over your washed and dried kale. Toss well. Place the kale in the fridge to marinate for at least 20 minutes before building bowls. Note: If you want, you can add additional avocado and fold it into the kale salad now.
- Chickpeas: Add the olive oil to your skillet, over high heat. Add the chickpeas and saute for 2-4 minutes until they start to brown a bit. Add the smoked paprika, nutritional yeast, tamari and maple syrup. Toss chickpeas a bit and cook for an additional 2 minutes or until the chickpeas are nicely caramel-brown in color and absorbed all the spices and flavors. Turn off heat and set chickpeas aside.
- Cheezy Sprinkle: Blend the walnuts and nutritional yeast in a blender for about 30 seconds or pulse until it blends into a fine powder. Pour into a small bowl. Store the leftovers, covered, in the fridge.
- Start building your bowls: Add the peanut kale. Avocado. Sweet potato, citrus, chickpeas and as much cheezy sprinkle as you want. Then drizzle extra peanut sauce over top if desired. Serve with a squeeze of fresh lemon juice over top.