This yummy salad is built to please! Every satisfying forkful is packed with healthy ingredients and loaded with flavor. And yes it is totally vegan. Check out the recipe for my Mango-Avocado Crispy Tenders Salad! Plus, enter a giveaway to win one of my favorite salad bowls..
This salad is crazy-amazing. Brown rice, mango-avocado-lime salsa and vegan honey-mustard drizzled crispy tenders – toasty from the oven. And ps, my no “honey” mustard dressing has only three ingredients (link in recipe)..
Today I am featuring Seven Grain Crispy Tenders. I talk to a lot of people who say they want to go vegan, but they still crave familiar flavors they are used to, from animal products. I always point them to Gardein.
Please check out the recipes, nutrition info, $1 off coupon and fun on the Gardein website. And share this post with your vegan-wannabe-meat-eating friends. We should all be eating less meat, and Gardein helps everyone, kids, students, seniors, busy professionals and more do that.
Gardein’s plant protein is better for your body and better for the planet. Made with non-GMO soy and wheat, ancient grains and veggies it provides the taste, texture and nutrition of meat but with less calories, less fat and no cholesterol. There are over 20 different Gardein products!
Download a $1 off coupon and learn more on Gardein’s website!
Mango-Avocado Brown Rice Gardein Crispy Tenders Entree Salad
- Salad Components for each salad:
- 3/4 cup brown rice, cooked
- 3/4 cup avocado-mango salsa
- 2-3 cups leafy greens
- 3-4 Gardein Crispy Tenders, sliced
- 1-2 Tbsp vegan honey mustard dressing
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 mango, diced
- 1 lime, squeezed
- 1 small white onion, chopped
- pinch of salt and pepper
- Prepare salsa by adding all ingredients to a small mixing bowl and gently toss. Set aside.
- To prepare Gardein – follow instructions on bag. My method: Bake on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet at 400 degrees for about 15 minutes, or until crispy brown. I flip them half way through. Cool slightly, then chop.
- Prepare brown rice in advance so you can just scoop and serve. You can also use quinoa or another whole grain.
- Salad: Add leafy greens to serving bowl. Then top with rice, followed by the mango-avo salsa. Then place crispy tenders on top and drizzle dressing over top. Serve!
Yield: 1 salad
Prep Time: 00 hrs. 15 mins.
Cook time: 00 hrs. 15 mins.
Total time: 30 mins.
Tags: entree,salad,gardein,crispy tenders,avocado,mango,rice,dinner
Gardein (garden + protein) is a plant protein brand. Gardein’s award winning products are made from non-GMO soy and wheat, ancient grains and veggies. Gluten-free options are also available.
Why Choose Gardein? Gardein offers delicious, convenient and healthier versions of foods that are familiar to millions of people, aka animal products. Everyone can easily eat less or NO meat with Gardein.
Recently, I checked out these products:
Gardein Seven Grain Crispy Tenders:
– 8g of protein/ serving
– Easy snack or meal
– I adore these! They are flavorful, have great texture and cook in a flash.
Gardein Golden Fishless Filets:
– 9g of protein/ serving
– Contains 32mg of Omega 3s and no cholesterol
– Good source of fiber
– Won Better Homes and Gardens’ Best New Product of 2015 (voted on by over 70,000 consumers)
– These absolutely remind me of real fish. So as a long time vegan who has always not-liked fish, they are not for me, but for someone who really wants that ‘ocean’ flavor in a vegan version, these are very authentic.
(GIVEAWAY ENDED) In honor of this yummy salad, I am giving away one of my favorite big salad bowls + a $20 Amazon gift card (to help fill your bowl) – item will be shipped to you. If the winner does not live in the USA, an Amazon gift card will be emailed in place of this prize. Open to everyone..