This week’s Happy Halloween and Meatless Monday Recipe Round-up via my posts over at Babble.com’s Family Kitchen: spooky treats – and more! All meatless, all vegan. Spooky inspiration for today and the week ahead…
H A P P Y* *H A L L O W E E N!! Celebrate the spookiest vegan day of the year with the help of my other site: FindingVegan.com – over 100 vegan recipes sure to inspire you. From savory to sweet. Ghosts to pumpkins – give these ghoulish treats a try (or just have fun browsing the adorable, scary creations!) FindingVegan’s #HALLOWEEN tag!
A few more of my fave Halloween Recipes:
* Always a good start: Jack-o-Pumpkin Breakfast Sandwich
* Witches Brew Broccoli Soup with Broomstick Bread sticks
* Bloody Beet “Twilight” Salad
* Pumpkin Spice Cashew Cheese
* 16 Classic C A N D Y Bars – veganized recipes!
* Spooky Spiderweb Brownies
* Pumpkin Pie Breakfast “Pop tarts”
* Knobby Nosed Chocolate Ghosts for kids
* Halloween Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
* Plump Pumpkin Halloween Cupcakes
* Creepy Fun: Worm Hill Chocolate Pudding Parfait
* Pumpkin Cinnamon Bun Layer Cake or Pumpkin Cinna Buns
And more new recipes for the week…
Meatless Monday Recipe Round-Up – 10/31
* Breakfast Treat: Pumpkin Pie Pop-Tarts with Vanilla Glaze
I didn’t think I’d love these cute little pumpkin pie tarts so much – but I did! Easier than you may think too. The pumpkin butter filling is cozy, sweet and pumpkin-wonderful.
* Treat: Halloween Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
Take a classic vegan pb choco chip cookie and infuse it with a bit of Halloween cheer and here is what you get! A hint of pumpkin too.
* Entree: Sweet Potato Coconut Cashew Rice Bowl
This lovely savory sweet rice bowl is filled with yummy stuff: cashews, sweet potato cubes, raisins, maple, spices and two kinds of rice. Add some seared tofu for a complete vegan meal. Sub with butternut squash for a fall-spin!
* Dessert: Pumpkin Pie Apple Crisp
Hmm, what should you make for a fall dessert? Apple Crisp or Pumpkin Pie? Now you don’t have to decide with this rustic, cozy dessert filled with complex flavors of fall: spice, tart apples, lemon, sweet pumpkin butter and a rustic, buttery, oaty crumble on top.
* Side or Entree: Savory, Crispy, Cheezy Pumpkin Chickpea Croquettes
Yes, here is yet another fritter/croquette recipe. I love this one since it is studded with a few chopped veggies and stringy vegan Daiya cheese. Super cravable! Fry them or bake them. Packed with healthy foods like chickpeas, veggies, pumpkin.
* Gluten Facts: Gluten Free Facts!
Vegans are very good about paying attention to the special diets of their guests – but do you really know the basics about a gluten free diet? Here are a few facts you may want to learn or read as a nice refresher article.
Previous Meatless Monday Recipe Round-Up’s:
* 10/24 – Banana Pecan Muffins, Halloween Candy Veganized, Halloween Cupcakes.
* 10/17 – Papaya bowl, witches brew broccoli cheesy soup, cheezy broomsticks, Spiderweb Brownie Bites, Tofu Triangles over couscous with candied cashews and broccoli.
* 10/10 – Pumpkin Pizza, Fruity Faces, Peanut butter Banana Pudding, Carrot Juice and Double Pumpkin Cream Pie.
* 10/3 – Naughty/Nice Vegan Desserts, Raw Chocolate Shake, Pumpkin Potato Salad, Pumpkin Spice Cider Smoothie and more..
* 9/26 – cauliflower soup, pomegranate fizzy cocktail, food truck gyros at home, ghost whip, almost tiramisu pie
* 9/19 – apple jack flapjacks, seared tofu, tropical green smoothie, vanilla coconut latte, sumac salad
* 9/12 – ginger frosty, peanut butter cream pie, vegan chili, easy coconut rice and wonton lunch, peanut butter fruit stack sandwich
* 9/5 – Labor Day “Southern Food” Feast – biscuits, “chickn” fried seitan, cole slaw, pb shake
* 8/29 – pesto alphabet pasta, banana split, sweet potato biscuits, pasta salad to-go, cheeze sauce
* 8/22 – tropical smoothie, mushroom bites, veggie burger, love your green juice, peas and pasta cheezy style
* 8/15 – vegan jello, sunny pesto pasta, peachy “A” Smoothie, creamy cole slaw recipes, vegan sloppy joes, apricot cobbler and lime basil sorbet!
* 8/8 – jumbo croutons, fresh tomato hummus, peanut butter pillows, veggie burger slideshow, sticky maple french toast, cinna-rolls and more!
* 8/1 – hazelnut hummus, pesto pasta, tofu scramble, squash blossoms, savory waffles, hash browns.
* 7/25 – smoothies, vegan burrito, blueberry bread, panzanella salad, beet salad, peach crisp.
* 7/18 – roasted pepper hummus, raw food eats, papaya smoothie, owl cake, chocolate pudding parfait, hemp mashed potatoes and watermelon recipes.
And you can always peruse my HHL Recipe Index for many more vegan, meatless recipes!