There are plenty of seasonal offerings in my latest book Healthy Happy Vegan Kitchen, (which makes a great holiday gift btw.) But instead of sending you on a treasure hunt through the pages, I have done the work for you.
These are my favorite cozy, festive, delicious recipes to make this December. So click through to check out my HHVK Holiday Recipe Selections – all with giant, lovely photos.
I am also sharing a book recipe in this post – for my Gingerbread Bundt Cake with vanilla bean glaze.
Get the LOOKBOOK, featuring recipes from Healthy Happy Vegan Kitchen. Browse for inspiration or send to friends to inspire them to try a few vegan recipes this holiday season.
HHVK Holiday Recipe Selections
1. Gingerbread Bundt. This is a special treat dessert or brunch item to add to your holiday spread. The real vanilla bean glaze makes it extra special. Perfect paired with tea or lattes! (recipe at end of this post – page 276)
9. Pot Pie for One. I love pot pie dinners, but sometimes I do not want to make a giant pot pie. I just want one serving for myself. Well this mini pot pie is the answer! Creamy, savory filling and a buttery vegan crust. Recipe page 218.
11. Side. I love these sticky sweet roasted carrots served as a side dish at a festive dinner. Or nibble them anytime as a veggie snack. They taste like candy too! Yes veggies can taste THIS good. Recipe page 130.
12. Candied Orange Peels. These are so fun for the holiday season! I make a batch every year for adding to muffins, pancakes, waffles, breads, cinnamon rolls or for nibbling all on their own. Simple ingredients! (recipe page 322)
13. Green Beans. This smoky paprika green bean salad with candied walnuts and carrots is a feisty spin on a normal “green bean side dish.” If you love bold flavors, give this salad a try! Recipe page 170.
14. Wellness Soup. Pass me a big bowl of steamy, brothy noodle soup when I am not feeling my best. Well this no-chicken soba noodle soup is just what you crave, in a plant-based version. Recipe page 260.
And finally, this yummy gingerbread cake again. Seriously, give it a try this holiday season! Instant festive mood food. recipe in the book and below!
Gingerbread Bundt Cake with vanilla bean coconut glaze
- virgin coconut oil, for pan
- 1 ½ cups whole wheat flour
- 1 cup all-purpose white flour
- 1 ½ tablespoon ground flax seeds
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ½ – 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 10oz silken tofu
- 1 cup non-dairy milk, plain
- ½ cup blackstrap molasses
- ½ cup maple syrup
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- ½ cup virgin coconut oil, melted
- ½ cup vegan buttery spread, (1 stick Earth Balance), melted
- 2 tablespoon fresh orange juice + ½ teaspoon zest
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 cups sifted confectioners’ sugar, organic/vegan
- 3 tablespoon virgin coconut oil, melted
- 2 tablespoon coconut milk
- 1 vanilla bean, seeds scraped
- For the cake: Preheat the oven to 400°F. Grease a Bundt cake pan with a generous amount of coconut oil.
- In a large bowl, combine the flours, flaxseeds, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt.
- In a blender, combine the tofu, almond milk, molasses, maple syrup, sugar, coconut oil, vegan buttery spread, orange zest, orange juice, vanilla, and ginger. Blend, increasing the speed from low to high, until smooth. Add the tofu mixture to the flour mixture and fold until a silky batter forms. Pour the batter into the prepared Bundt pan.
- Bake for 15 minutes, then reduce the oven temperature to 350°F and bake for 45 to 50 minutes more. When done, the cake will be lightly browned on edges, and the surface visibly darkened and fluffy to the touch.
- Let the cake cool for 10 to 15 minutes in the pan, then carefully loosen the edges and invert the cake pan onto a plate. Let cool almost completely. Place the cake in the freezer for 1 to 2 minutes just before glazing to give the surface of the cake an extra chill. This makes it easier for the glaze to cling to the cake.
- For the glaze: In a small bowl, whip together the glaze ingredients. Pour the glaze over the slightly chilled cake. Serve. Store in the fridge if not consuming immediately.
Prep Time: 00 hrs. 15 mins.
Cook time: 00 hrs. 55 mins.
Total time: 70 mins.
- Calories: 222
- Fat: 10g
- Totalcarbs: 29g
- Protein: 3g
- Dietaryfiber: 1g
Tags: cake,holiday,dessert,gingerbread,bundt cake,christmas,vegan,vanilla bean, baking
GIVEAWAY! I will choose 5 winners on December 22nd to win an HHL tee plus some bonus blogger swag including coupons for FREE vegan goodies and some sampler packets of my favorite matcha green tea, Encha. (winner shipping for USA only please)