This week’s Hot Plate Monday report:
* James Beard House hosts vegan dinner.
* NFNS Season 6: Is Bobby the RPat of FN?
* Bourdain does… nutrition? Hates Farm Chic.
* Daiya Cheese. Hits store shelves.
* Steak-Scented Billboard annoys vegetarians.
* Green Dining a la Jean Georges.
* Foodie Trends: summer cravings.
* Oil Spill reactions, outcries and…HOPE.
* Cute Penguins get in on the World Cup action.
* Quotes: James Cameron revitalizes the word moron.
…and much more in Hot Plate, Hot Plate News…
**QUOTE(s)** of the week
“I’ve been watching what’s happening and saying, ‘Those morons don’t know what they’re doing.’“ –James Cameron responds to the Oil Spill/BP leaders.
“Impacts from agriculture are expected to increase substantially due to population growth increasing consumption of animal products. Unlike fossil fuels, it is difficult to look for alternatives: people have to eat. A substantial reduction of impacts would only be possible with a substantial worldwide diet change, away from animal products.“ -UN on Meat-free.
Moby gets Mopey…
“I had a long period of being very annoying……But it didn’t really help……I try as hard as possible to be a nondidactic, almost apologetic vegan.” -Moby in NY Diet, GrubStreet.
…And the LOL quote of the week comes from last nights episode of Food Network’s NFNS reality show. Swooning over Bobby Flay…
“He is all dressed in white, he is like the guardian angel of all the chefs. It’s great.”
-Serena, Attorney/NFNS Chef-testant, NYC
Ooh la la…is Bobby is the RPat of FN?
“Go-Veg” PR Boost from the UN. The UN says moving away from meat is good for mankind and the planet. UN Quote above.
Oil Spill Bad News continues. But if you’re looking for a glimpse of HOPE…
…I could watch this video over and over and over…
In annoying marketing news…