Have you tried hot yoga! Instead of practicing in a room of average or slightly warm temperatures, in hot yoga, you exercise in a room with temperatures of around 92 degrees or so. This induces sweating while you are practicing. Here are some of the possible benefits..
Here are a few of the health benefits of hot yoga, from Quick Fit Yoga:
* Your body burns fat more effectively.
* The heat produces a fluid-like stretch allowing for greater range of movement in joints, muscles and ligaments. Less injury risk when your body is more flexible.
* Capillaries dilate in the heat; more effectively oxygenating the tissues, muscles, glands and organs and helping in the removal of waste products.
* Circulation improves.
* Your metabolism speeds up the breakdown of glucose and fatty acids.
* You benefit from a strengthening of concentration and determination in the challenging environment.
* Sweating promotes detoxification and elimination through the skin – which is the body’s largest eliminating organ.
* Your nervous system functions at a heightened state of awareness.
* Metabolism improves in your digestive system.
Have you tried hot yoga? Do you prefer it over traditional yoga?
One of my very favorite yoga varieties is called Yin Yoga. It is where you hold poses for very long periods of time. In my class I go to it is 3-5 minutes per pose. This allows a very deep stretch.