Today’s Meatless Monday Recipe Round-up via my posts over at Babble’s Family Kitchen include a cocoa shake, a BBQ tempeh salad, blueberry bread, chia seed oatmeal, a cookbook giveaway, and a vegan tasting menu – Get these recipes and more inspiration for today and the week ahead!..
Meatless Monday Recipe Round-Up – 2/20/12
* Dessert: Maple Cinnamon Banana Dessert Lavash
Think of this easy to make dessert as a dessert quesadilla. Infused with sticky sweet vegan butter sautéed bananas, cinnamon, maple syrup – all folded inside a crisp yet soft and chewy lavash bread. Pan-fried for a few seconds in the maple-vegan butter pan. This dessert is really a fun treat to get creative with too! Try adding in chocolate or various fruit combos to change it up.
* Dessert: Chocolate Peanut Butter Mousse
Creamy, rich and fluffy – this peanut butter chocolate mousse is a dessert to crave! Made from simple vegan ingredients – no bake!
* Salad or Entree: BBQ Tempeh Tahini Citrus Salad
I am in love with this easy to make salad. Add some amazing baby greens – top with my tahini dressing and serve with bold BBQ tempeh bites. Red onion, sweet citrus. Salad bliss!
* Giveaway: Giveaway: The Inspired Vegan Cookbook
Enter to win Bryant Terry’s latest vegan cookbook!!
* Breakfast: Chia Oats
Turn your steel cut oatmeal into true super food fare! Infused with healthy omega fatty acid rich chia seeds – these oats take on a unique creamy texture that I love! Nuts and fresh fruit accents.
* Lunch: Sweet Potato Hummus Tartine
My homemade sweet potato hummus makes for a delicious tar tine lunch! Sweet tart green apple and zesty red onion accent this easy lunch recipe.
* Bread: Fresh Blueberry Morning Bread
Fresh blueberries are the star of this morning-approved bread recipe. Moist and delicious – this bread pairs perfectly with your morning chai latte or cup of coffee.
* Treat: 5 ingredient Cocoa Shake
Just 5 ingredients blend up this creamy cool chocolate peanut butter banana shake in a flash!
* Dessert: No Bake Triple Berry Cheesecake Pudding
If you like berry cheesecake you will love this no-bake triple berry vegan cheesecake pudding! Those bright red and pink berries melt into the creamy cool cheesecake pudding.
* VDay Wrap-Up: Valentine’s Day is over, but you can make VDay everyday with these recipes!..
* Vegan Tasting Menu for Valentine’s Day
* Pretty in Pink. 10 PINK Recipes for Valentine’s Day
* 6 Uses for Leftover Chocolate Covered Strawberries
* How-to: 10 Cool Recipes to Make with a Vitamix
If you are thinking about buying a Vitamix or other high speed blender – here are ten recipes (and reasons) why you should! And if you already own one – here are a few recipes to try!
* Healthy You. 25 Foods to Add to your Diet in 2012
Stop worrying about what to remove from your diet and start focusing on adding healthy foods. By feeding your body the good stuff, you may crave less of the not-so-good stuff.
More inspiration -> Find vegan in 2012… Vegan Recipes from Finding Vegan. Celebrate a healthy, happy, vegan 2012 with the help of my other site: FindingVegan.com
About my Meatless Monday round-ups: Every other week I link to all my posts over at Babble.com so that you don’t miss out on any of my recipes. My round-up is a great way to embrace Meatless Monday.
Previous Meatless Monday/Family Kitchen Recipe Round-Up’s:
* 2/6 -Vegan Pesto, Coconut Chickpea Fritters, Buffalo Bites, Pesto Salad
* 1/23 – Mushroom Bowl, Pineapple Smoothie, Banana Pie
* 1/17 – Spelt Biscuits, Chia Bread, Kale Sandwich, Fresca How-to
* 1/9 – Cocoa Peanut Cookies, Apple Pancakes, Cheezy Leek Chow Mein, New Year’s Detox..
* 12/20 – Holiday Edition!
* 12/12 – Vegan Cheese, potato stew, cardamom chocolate cake and more.
* 11/28 – Post-Thanksgiving Meatless Monday recipe.
* 11/14 – Pre-Thanksgiving Meatless Monday recipe.
* 11/7 – Pumpkin Cheesecake, BBQ Chickpea Wrap, Easy Spicy Chick’n Ranch Wrap, Concord Cranberry Sauce and more!
* 10/31 – Halloween Bonanza – treats, sips, and more..
* 10/24 – Banana Pecan Muffins, Halloween Candy Veganized, Halloween Cupcakes.
* 10/17 – Papaya bowl, witches brew broccoli cheesy soup, cheezy broomsticks, Spiderweb Brownie Bites, Tofu Triangles over couscous with candied cashews and broccoli.
* 10/10 – Pumpkin Pizza, Fruity Faces, Peanut butter Banana Pudding, Carrot Juice and Double Pumpkin Cream Pie.
* 10/3 – Naughty/Nice Vegan Desserts, Raw Chocolate Shake, Pumpkin Potato Salad, Pumpkin Spice Cider Smoothie and more..
* 9/26 – cauliflower soup, pomegranate fizzy cocktail, food truck gyros at home, ghost whip, almost tiramisu pie
* 9/19 – apple jack flapjacks, seared tofu, tropical green smoothie, vanilla coconut latte, sumac salad
* 9/12 – ginger frosty, peanut butter cream pie, vegan chili, easy coconut rice and wonton lunch, peanut butter fruit stack sandwich
* 9/5 – Labor Day “Southern Food” Feast – biscuits, “chickn” fried seitan, cole slaw, pb shake
* 8/29 – pesto alphabet pasta, banana split, sweet potato biscuits, pasta salad to-go, cheeze sauce
* 8/22 – tropical smoothie, mushroom bites, veggie burger, love your green juice, peas and pasta cheezy style
* 8/15 – vegan jello, sunny pesto pasta, peachy “A” Smoothie, creamy cole slaw recipes, vegan sloppy joes, apricot cobbler and lime basil sorbet!
* 8/8 – jumbo croutons, fresh tomato hummus, peanut butter pillows, veggie burger slideshow, sticky maple french toast, cinna-rolls and more!
* 8/1 – hazelnut hummus, pesto pasta, tofu scramble, squash blossoms, savory waffles, hash browns.
* 7/25 – smoothies, vegan burrito, blueberry bread, panzanella salad, beet salad, peach crisp.
* 7/18 – roasted pepper hummus, raw food eats, papaya smoothie, owl cake, chocolate pudding parfait, hemp mashed potatoes and watermelon recipes.
And you can always peruse my HHL Recipe Index for many more vegan, meatless recipes!
For more “get healthy” inspiration check out this year’s Veggie Girl Power Series. And catch-up on past interviews here: 2009 and 2010 and 2009 quotes.