This week’s Meatless Monday Recipe Round-up via my posts over at Babble.com’s Family Kitchen: Plump Pumpkin Halloween Cupcakes, Vegan Halloween Candy Recipe Round-Up, giveaways, Banana Pecan Chocolate Chip Muffins, Pizza Pull-Apart Breadsticks – and more! All meatless, all vegan. Inspiration for today and the week ahead…
Side note: Halloween is a week away! Costume? Not yet. Party? Still deciding. Ideas for fall-inspired, pumpkin-everything, spooky eats & treats? I’ve got that one covered thanx to FindingVegan’s #HALLOWEEN tag!
Meatless Monday Recipe Round-Up – 10/24
* Treats: Veganized Halloween Candy Round-Up – 16 recipes!!
Halloween is just a week away and I’m super excited about this 16 recipe round-up I’ve put together with a little help from a few other bloggers. 16 of your fave, classic (non-vegan) candy bars have been veganized for your delight! Everything from vegan Twix, Snickers, Junior Mints, Whatchamacallits, Crunch bars, Reeses, Caramels and more! This is a must see slideshow for anyone who loves candy – but only the vegan kind!
* Breakfast: Banana Pecan Chocolate Muffins
I whipped up these banana muffins over the weekend and loved them. Tiny allergy-friendly chocolate chips dot the tops of a few. If you have a bunch of ripe bananas on your counter top – this recipe is for you!
* Dessert: Plump Pumpkin Halloween Cupcakes
Vanilla pumpkin pecan cupcakes meet vanilla bean frosting swirled on top. festive “pumpkin” sugar accents. These plump little pumpkins are perfect for your Halloween festivities!
* Side: Easy Cheezy Pull-Apart Breadsticks, Garlic & Sun-Dried Tomato
Fluffy, vegan buttery pull-apart breadsticks are warm and chewy and on your table in a flash! Toppings are up to you – I used sun-dried tomatoes, herbs, garlic and daiya Mozzarella cheese.
* Giveaways: Candle 79 Giveaway
My Candle 79 Cookbook giveaway ends on 10/25 – so enter by the end of the day and you’ll be included in the drawing – I will pick a winner on Wednesday the 26th.
Also, be sure to enter my vegan treat bag giveaway – also ends this week. Details.
* Treat: Vegan Peanut Butter Twix
This recipe is included in my Vegan Treats round-up. One of my favorite childhood Halloween candy bars veganized.
* Halloween History Fun Facts!
Don’t miss these “History of Halloween” fun facts and impress all your friends as you recall the origins of Halloween! Because everyone loves a history buff at a party to shower us with fun facts 🙂 Facts like this and more: “..the tradition of carving pumpkins into spooky jack-o’-lanterns derives from the Celtic practice of carving faces into hollowed turnips.”
Previous Meatless Monday Recipe Round-Up’s:
* 10/17 – Papaya bowl, witches brew broccoli chezzy soup, cheezy broomsticks, Spiderweb Brownie Bites, Tofu Triangles over couscous with candied cashews and broccoli.
* 10/10 – Pumpkin Pizza, Fruity Faces, Peanut butter Banana Pudding, Carrot Juice and Double Pumpkin Cream Pie.
* 10/3 – Naughty/Nice Vegan Desserts, Raw Chocolate Shake, Pumpkin Potato Salad, Pumpkin Spice Cider Smoothie and more..
* 9/26 – cauliflower soup, pomegranate fizzy cocktail, food truck gyros at home, ghost whip, almost tiramisu pie
* 9/19 – apple jack flapjacks, seared tofu, tropical green smoothie, vanilla coconut latte, sumac salad
* 9/12 – ginger frosty, peanut butter cream pie, vegan chili, easy coconut rice and wonton lunch, peanut butter fruit stack sandwich
* 9/5 – Labor Day “Southern Food” Feast – biscuits, “chickn” fried seitan, cole slaw, pb shake
* 8/29 – pesto alphabet pasta, banana split, sweet potato biscuits, pasta salad to-go, cheeze sauce
* 8/22 – tropical smoothie, mushroom bites, veggie burger, love your green juice, peas and pasta cheezy style
* 8/15 – vegan jello, sunny pesto pasta, peachy “A” Smoothie, creamy cole slaw recipes, vegan sloppy joes, apricot cobbler and lime basil sorbet!
* 8/8 – jumbo croutons, fresh tomato hummus, peanut butter pillows, veggie burger slideshow, sticky maple french toast, cinna-rolls and more!
* 8/1 – hazelnut hummus, pesto pasta, tofu scramble, squash blossoms, savory waffles, hash browns.
* 7/25 – smoothies, vegan burrito, blueberry bread, panzanella salad, beet salad, peach crisp.
* 7/18 – roasted pepper hummus, raw food eats, papaya smoothie, owl cake, chocolate pudding parfait, hemp mashed potatoes and watermelon recipes.
And you can always peruse my HHL Recipe Index for many more vegan, meatless recipes!