This week’s Meatless Monday Recipe Round-up via my posts over at Babble.com’s Family Kitchen: holiday-infused recipes including Cocoa Cardamom Cake, Holiday Lattes – veganized, Soba Noodle Stir-Fry, my coziest soup ever: Leek, Potato, Mushroom with vegan Field Roast Sausages, my list of the top ten best vegan cheeses – and more inspiration your meatless day and the week ahead! Plus find out my holiday favorite treat of the week…
Holiday Season Eats. Celebrate the holidays with the help of my other site: FindingVegan.com – hundreds of vegan recipes sure to inspire you (and more being posted everyday). From savory to sweet. FindingVegan’s #HOLIDAY tag
cider caramel sauce + apple pie = caramel apple pie..
Onto the Meatless Monday Recipe Round-Up – 12/12
* Meal: Soba Noodle Meal with Tofu and Veggies
This simple stir-fry is a meal in a bowl. Creamy garlic sauce coats tender udon noodles, tofu and veggies mixed in.
* Holiday Treat: Cocoa Cardamom Cake with Cashew and Coconut
Cardamom and cocoa seemed like an odd combo to me – until I experimented by baking this tender tea cake. Rich chocolate chips, cocoa cake spiced with cardamom and ginger, a swirl of cashew butter and coconut on top. Love this one!
* Vegan Cheese: 10 Favorite Vegan Cheeses
Maybe you are trying to go vegan but simply cannot kick your cheese obsession. Well this is the post for you! From fine aged cheese to low-brow bright orange cheez dip – take your cheese cravings to a very vegan place with my ten faves!
* Cozy Stew: Leek, Potato, Mushroom Stew
This cozy, golden-colored stew is rich and soothing with a spicy garlic chipotle accent. Leeks, purple and white potatoes, two kinds of mushrooms, tender pasta and California garlic make this stew fantastic. Accented with a Field Roast Spicy Chipotle vegan sausage.
* Beverages: Veganizing Holiday Lattes
Take THAT Starbucks! If you won’t make me a vegan Gingerbread or Nog Latte – I’ll just have to make one myself. And I did. And they are lovely. Here are my recipes for those fancy holiday lattes – gone vegan…
* Soba: Slime Peanut Soba Meal
If you are a soba noodle lover like me, you will really appreciate this lime peanut soba bowl accented with broccoli and tofu triangles.
* Snow Day!! 14 Snow Day Recipes!
When those snow days come, you’ll want to be prepared! Here are 14 of my have recipes to inspire you – and get you energized for some serious snowball fights and snow-angel making sessions.
Previous Meatless Monday Recipe Round-Up’s:
* 12/5 – Frozen Hot Chocolate, Sauteed Sauerkraut, Buffalo Bites, Cinna-Sugar Flutes and more!
* 11/28 – Post-Thanksgiving Meatless Monday recipe.
* 11/14 – Pre-Thanksgiving Meatless Monday recipe.
* 11/7 – Pumpkin Cheesecake, BBQ Chickpea Wrap, Easy Spicy Chick’n Ranch Wrap, Concord Cranberry Sauce and more!
* 10/31 – Halloween Bonanza – treats, sips, and more..
* 10/24 – Banana Pecan Muffins, Halloween Candy Veganized, Halloween Cupcakes.
* 10/17 – Papaya bowl, witches brew broccoli cheesy soup, cheezy broomsticks, Spiderweb Brownie Bites, Tofu Triangles over couscous with candied cashews and broccoli.
* 10/10 – Pumpkin Pizza, Fruity Faces, Peanut butter Banana Pudding, Carrot Juice and Double Pumpkin Cream Pie.
* 10/3 – Naughty/Nice Vegan Desserts, Raw Chocolate Shake, Pumpkin Potato Salad, Pumpkin Spice Cider Smoothie and more..
* 9/26 – cauliflower soup, pomegranate fizzy cocktail, food truck gyros at home, ghost whip, almost tiramisu pie
* 9/19 – apple jack flapjacks, seared tofu, tropical green smoothie, vanilla coconut latte, sumac salad
* 9/12 – ginger frosty, peanut butter cream pie, vegan chili, easy coconut rice and wonton lunch, peanut butter fruit stack sandwich
* 9/5 – Labor Day “Southern Food” Feast – biscuits, “chickn” fried seitan, cole slaw, pb shake
* 8/29 – pesto alphabet pasta, banana split, sweet potato biscuits, pasta salad to-go, cheeze sauce
* 8/22 – tropical smoothie, mushroom bites, veggie burger, love your green juice, peas and pasta cheezy style
* 8/15 – vegan jello, sunny pesto pasta, peachy “A” Smoothie, creamy cole slaw recipes, vegan sloppy joes, apricot cobbler and lime basil sorbet!
* 8/8 – jumbo croutons, fresh tomato hummus, peanut butter pillows, veggie burger slideshow, sticky maple french toast, cinna-rolls and more!
* 8/1 – hazelnut hummus, pesto pasta, tofu scramble, squash blossoms, savory waffles, hash browns.
* 7/25 – smoothies, vegan burrito, blueberry bread, panzanella salad, beet salad, peach crisp.
* 7/18 – roasted pepper hummus, raw food eats, papaya smoothie, owl cake, chocolate pudding parfait, hemp mashed potatoes and watermelon recipes.
And you can always peruse my HHL Recipe Index for many more vegan, meatless recipes!