This week’s Meatless Monday Recipe Round-up via my posts over at Babble.com’s Family Kitchen: apple pancakes, cocoa-infused cookies, easy leek chow mein, a blue twist on corn bread, a spicy citrus juice, detox and healthy new year foods (from green juice to chia seeds) – and more inspiration for your meatless Monday and the week ahead!..
Happy 2012! It’s my first Meatless Monday round-up for the new year. And I hope you are all celebrating the start of 2012 by eating plenty of healthy vegan foods and getting some heart-healthy exercise.
Not vegan and looking to get healthy this year? Well it’s not too late to have a 2012 resolution you can keep. Find vegan in 2012…
Vegan Recipes from Finding Vegan. Celebrate a healthy, happy, vegan 2012 with the help of my other site: FindingVegan.com
Onto the Meatless Monday Recipe Round-Up – 1/9/2012
* Meal: Golden Garlic Leek Chow Mein Noodles
Super simple recipe that combines buttery chow mein noodles with garlic and sweet, zesty leeks. A hint of nutritional yeast blended in too.
* TV Snacks: Football Season Snacks Go Vegan
Try these guy-approved vegan snacks for your winter TV watching fun. Cheezy nachos and jalapeno poppers are just a few of the delicious recipes in this round-up.
* Dessert: Cocoa Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
Leftover cocoa cluttering up your pantry? Try this yummy cookie recipe – filled with cocoa flavor.
* Brunch: Apple Peanut Butter Pancakes
These fluffy peanut butter pancakes are studded with thinly sliced, spiced baked apples. Delicious and healthy comfort-food breakfast or brunch. Maple syrup on top..
* Detox Slideshow: 19 Ways to Detox Your Diet
From fiber-rich chia seeds to fresh-pressed juices and spicy metabolism-lifting foods – here are my 19 ways to detox for a healthy 2012. Fresh start!
* Side: Blue Corn Bread
No, I didn’t name this recipe after Beyonce’s baby. This blue corn bread just happened to be my weekend pairing with some warm veggie chili. Blue corn meal is sweet and nutty and makes for a fun spin on traditional corn bread.
* Veggies. Easy Tahini Detox Carrot Slaw
One of my favorites. Perfect for starting a healthy new year.
* Healthy New Year. 25 Foods to Add to your Diet in 2012
Stop worrying about what to remove from your diet and start focusing on adding healthy foods. By feeding your body the good stuff, you may crave less of the not-so-good stuff.
* Hydrate. Reasons to Drink Coconut Water
My favorite beverage should be in your fridge this year. Stock up.
* Side. Veganizing Potato Latkes
My tips and ideas for veganizing and shaking up your traditional potato pancake recipe.
* Drink Juice. The Citrus Kicker
You can’t go wrong starting your day with some fresh pressed juice! This I know.
Previous Meatless Monday Recipe Round-Up’s:
* 12/20 – Holiday Edition!
* 12/12 – Vegan Cheese, potato stew, cardamom chocolate cake and more.
* 11/28 – Post-Thanksgiving Meatless Monday recipe.
* 11/14 – Pre-Thanksgiving Meatless Monday recipe.
* 11/7 – Pumpkin Cheesecake, BBQ Chickpea Wrap, Easy Spicy Chick’n Ranch Wrap, Concord Cranberry Sauce and more!
* 10/31 – Halloween Bonanza – treats, sips, and more..
* 10/24 – Banana Pecan Muffins, Halloween Candy Veganized, Halloween Cupcakes.
* 10/17 – Papaya bowl, witches brew broccoli cheesy soup, cheezy broomsticks, Spiderweb Brownie Bites, Tofu Triangles over couscous with candied cashews and broccoli.
* 10/10 – Pumpkin Pizza, Fruity Faces, Peanut butter Banana Pudding, Carrot Juice and Double Pumpkin Cream Pie.
* 10/3 – Naughty/Nice Vegan Desserts, Raw Chocolate Shake, Pumpkin Potato Salad, Pumpkin Spice Cider Smoothie and more..
* 9/26 – cauliflower soup, pomegranate fizzy cocktail, food truck gyros at home, ghost whip, almost tiramisu pie
* 9/19 – apple jack flapjacks, seared tofu, tropical green smoothie, vanilla coconut latte, sumac salad
* 9/12 – ginger frosty, peanut butter cream pie, vegan chili, easy coconut rice and wonton lunch, peanut butter fruit stack sandwich
* 9/5 – Labor Day “Southern Food” Feast – biscuits, “chickn” fried seitan, cole slaw, pb shake
* 8/29 – pesto alphabet pasta, banana split, sweet potato biscuits, pasta salad to-go, cheeze sauce
* 8/22 – tropical smoothie, mushroom bites, veggie burger, love your green juice, peas and pasta cheezy style
* 8/15 – vegan jello, sunny pesto pasta, peachy “A” Smoothie, creamy cole slaw recipes, vegan sloppy joes, apricot cobbler and lime basil sorbet!
* 8/8 – jumbo croutons, fresh tomato hummus, peanut butter pillows, veggie burger slideshow, sticky maple french toast, cinna-rolls and more!
* 8/1 – hazelnut hummus, pesto pasta, tofu scramble, squash blossoms, savory waffles, hash browns.
* 7/25 – smoothies, vegan burrito, blueberry bread, panzanella salad, beet salad, peach crisp.
* 7/18 – roasted pepper hummus, raw food eats, papaya smoothie, owl cake, chocolate pudding parfait, hemp mashed potatoes and watermelon recipes.
And you can always peruse my HHL Recipe Index for many more vegan, meatless recipes!