Today’s Meatless Monday Recipe Round-up via my posts over at Babble’s Family Kitchen include .. a warm breakfast buckwheat bowl (gluten-free!), 21 common vegan cooking mistakes slideshow, strawberry chocolate raw tart, cinna-chili popcorn, a discussion on virgin coconut oil, news on my recipe gallery, a FindingVegan.com milestone and more. Start today and keep meatless going all week long!..
Cocoa Berry Cake (upper left) – Coconut Nests (lower left) – Apple PB Shake (right)
Milestone Moment to my other site FindingVegan.com – it has reached over 10,000 posts in the past 18 months – all thanks to all the very talented bloggers who have submitted their photos/recipes. A big THANK YOU – keep those submissions coming so the world can see what vegan really tastes/looks like! Check them out on Finding Vegan!
Meatless Monday Recipe Round-Up – 4/23/12
* Hot Cereal: Buckwheat Fruit Porridge
This gluten free hot cereal gives you a tasty break from oats. Plus learn about why buckwheat is so good for you!
* Cooking Tips: 21 Common Cooking Mistakes: VEGAN Edition!
I’ve made my fair share of vegan mistakes in the kitchen – so now I’m sharing them with you! I make the mistakes so you don’t have to!
* Popcorn: Cinna-Chili Coconut Oil Popcorn
This warming spicy-sweet popcorn will make the whole house smell like bliss. Bring on movie night.
* Waffle Breakfast: The Perfect Waffle Morning
Blueberry Waffles, a steamy coffee beverage, some fruit and a long lingering AM. Recipes for an awesome waffle breakfast morning.
* Dessert: Cocoa Berry Mini Cakes
Fluffy berry-cocoa cakes slathered in my vegan cream cheese frosting. Fancy yet comforting.
* Slim Spring: Slim-Down Secrets for Spring
Whether you are trying to lose a few pounds or simply maintain your healthy weight – these slimming tips will keep you on your toes as you power through your day and fill up on plenty of healthy foods.
* Apples: 9 Apple Recipes
A recent study said that eating two apples a day can significantly improve your cholesterol levels. More about the study and nine apple recipes!
* Nutrition: Virgin Coconut Oil for a Healthy Metabolism?
I’ve been using a lot of virgin coconut oil lately – so I wanted to chat about a few of the health claims and the claim that it actually boosts metabolism – basically calling itself a “fat” to help reduce “fat.”
* Veganized Recipes: Turn Mushrooms into Faux Dishes
How to turn mushrooms into faus seafood dishes like “clam” chowder and “scallops” – a fun look at how to fake-out your meal with tasty vegan mushrooms.
* Side: Lemon Garlic Cashew Ricotta
This versatile recipe was featured in my Pesto/Ricotta Vegan Pizza – but you can use it for lasagna, as a dip, dolloped on top of salads and more.
* Raw Dessert: Raw Chocolate Strawberry Pie
Fresh strawberries and a creamy cashew cacao mixture are the stars of this dessert show!
* Easter Leftovers Dessert: White Chocolate Coconut Nests
Simple dessert using vegan white chocolate chips and coconut – no bake!
* Apple Shake: Peanut Butter Banana Apple Shake
Peanut butter lovers fruit shake with creamy banana and sweet whole apple!
* Earth Day Burger: Veggie Burger for Earth Day
Can you guess my #1 recipe to celebrate Earth Day? A veggie burger .. my Easy Sweet Potato Veggie Burger with Avocado!
* Nutrition 101: Nutrient Rich Recipes for Spring
Step into class folks, it is time for a little nutrition 101. Refresh your mind with why our bodies need certain nutrients like vitamin C and D – and you just may be inspired to eat a little healthier this week. Plus recipes for that specific nutrient you crave!
* Dessert: 16 Vegan Spring Treats
If it is vegan treats and desserts you crave this spring – I have 16 of them for you!
More inspiration: Find vegan… Vegan Recipes from Finding Vegan. Embrace a week of vegan with the help of my other site: FindingVegan.com
About my Meatless Monday round-ups: Every other week (or so) I link to my recent posts over at Babble.com so that you don’t miss out on any of my recipes. My round-up is a great way to embrace Meatless Monday.
Previous Meatless Monday/Family Kitchen Recipe Round-Up’s:
* 4/2 – Cashew Dip, Purple Smoothie – nutrition super post!
* 3/19 – Green Cashew Cheese, Cupcake ATM fun, Smoothies, green smoothies, vegan St Patty’s Day eats, chocolate peanut butter cupcakes.
* 3/5 – Cinna Rolls, Mardi Gras Smoothie
* 2/20 -chocolate shake, BBQ tempeh salad, VDay wrap-up recipes
* 2/6 -Vegan Pesto, Coconut Chickpea Fritters, Buffalo Bites, Pesto Salad
* 1/23 – Mushroom Bowl, Pineapple Smoothie, Banana Pie
* 1/17 – Spelt Biscuits, Chia Bread, Kale Sandwich, Fresca How-to
* 1/9 – Cocoa Peanut Cookies, Apple Pancakes, Cheezy Leek Chow Mein, New Year’s Detox..
* 12/20 – Holiday Edition!
* 12/12 – Vegan Cheese, potato stew, cardamom chocolate cake and more.
* 11/28 – Post-Thanksgiving Meatless Monday recipe.
* 11/14 – Pre-Thanksgiving Meatless Monday recipe.
* 11/7 – Pumpkin Cheesecake, BBQ Chickpea Wrap, Easy Spicy Chick’n Ranch Wrap, Concord Cranberry Sauce and more!
* 10/31 – Halloween Bonanza – treats, sips, and more..
* 10/24 – Banana Pecan Muffins, Halloween Candy Veganized, Halloween Cupcakes.
* 10/17 – Papaya bowl, witches brew broccoli cheesy soup, cheezy broomsticks, Spiderweb Brownie Bites, Tofu Triangles over couscous with candied cashews and broccoli.
* 10/10 – Pumpkin Pizza, Fruity Faces, Peanut butter Banana Pudding, Carrot Juice and Double Pumpkin Cream Pie.
* 10/3 – Naughty/Nice Vegan Desserts, Raw Chocolate Shake, Pumpkin Potato Salad, Pumpkin Spice Cider Smoothie and more..
* 9/26 – cauliflower soup, pomegranate fizzy cocktail, food truck gyros at home, ghost whip, almost tiramisu pie
* 9/19 – apple jack flapjacks, seared tofu, tropical green smoothie, vanilla coconut latte, sumac salad
* 9/12 – ginger frosty, peanut butter cream pie, vegan chili, easy coconut rice and wonton lunch, peanut butter fruit stack sandwich
* 9/5 – Labor Day “Southern Food” Feast – biscuits, “chickn” fried seitan, cole slaw, pb shake
* 8/29 – pesto alphabet pasta, banana split, sweet potato biscuits, pasta salad to-go, cheeze sauce
* 8/22 – tropical smoothie, mushroom bites, veggie burger, love your green juice, peas and pasta cheezy style
* 8/15 – vegan jello, sunny pesto pasta, peachy “A” Smoothie, creamy cole slaw recipes, vegan sloppy joes, apricot cobbler and lime basil sorbet!
* 8/8 – jumbo croutons, fresh tomato hummus, peanut butter pillows, veggie burger slideshow, sticky maple french toast, cinna-rolls and more!
* 8/1 – hazelnut hummus, pesto pasta, tofu scramble, squash blossoms, savory waffles, hash browns.
* 7/25 – smoothies, vegan burrito, blueberry bread, panzanella salad, beet salad, peach crisp.
* 7/18 – roasted pepper hummus, raw food eats, papaya smoothie, owl cake, chocolate pudding parfait, hemp mashed potatoes and watermelon recipes.
And you can always peruse my HHL Recipe Index for many more vegan, meatless recipes!