This week’s Meatless Monday Recipe Round-up via my posts over at Babble.com: Grasshopper Dessert Parfait, Sumac Citrus Tomato Salad, Go-To Seared Tofu, Vanilla Coconut Latte with real coconut whipped topping, Apple Jack Flapjacks, Grumpy Gator Green Smoothie and more! Inspiration for today and the week ahead…
Meatless Monday Recipe Round-Up – 9/19
* Vanilla Coconut Cream Latte
I was in heaven when I realized that vegan coconut whipped “cream” is really possible. And this coconut vanilla “spooky” ghost latte is perfect for it. Rich espresso, vanilla specks and coconut milk – yum!
* Sumac Citrus Avocado Tomato Salad
This lovely raw platter salad is the perfect recipe to taste-test sumac. Last week I used sumac in my ginger-sumac tofu, and this time you can taste it raw – zesty and vibrant!
–> Dinner Inspiration! Add this seared tofu to a hearty Fully Loaded Kale Salad, a small cozy soup on the side and maybe some crusty bread. Or perhaps some hemp garlicky mashed potatoes? Dinner is served.
* Grasshopper Fluff Parfait Dessert
A spin on my Minty Grasshopper Pie – make it a fluffy pudding parfait!
* Grumpy Gator Green Smoothie
This tropical-flavored green smoothie will turn your from a grumpy gator into a gleeful green smoothie guzzler!
* Apple Jack Flapjacks
Apple Cinnamon Pancakes inspired by that classic kids cereal – only these flapjacks are vegan and filled with healthy ingredients – even little bits of spinach!
* Football Season Snacks Gone Vegan
I’m not much of a football watcher myself. But I know many of you have men (and women) in your lives that get simply giddy over football season. And all the football snacking that goes with it. Well give them some totally football-approved snacks that are happily, healthfully vegan. Jalapeno poppers and cheezy nachos anyone?
* Apple Juice and Arsenic? Discuss!
DrOz certainly knows how to make headlines. Now it’s your turn to weigh in on the “apple juice” controversy. What do you think? Or is it simply better to serve your kids whole apples anyways?? I think you know how I’d answer that.
Previous Meatless Monday Recipe Round-Up’s:
* 9/12 – ginger frosty, peanut butter cream pie, vegan chili, easy coconut rice and wonton lunch, peanut butter fruit stack sandwich
* 9/5 – Labor Day “Southern Food” Feast – biscuits, “chickn” fried seitan, cole slaw, pb shake
* 8/29 – pesto alphabet pasta, banana split, sweet potato biscuits, pasta salad to-go, cheeze sauce
* 8/22 – tropical smoothie, mushroom bites, veggie burger, love your green juice, peas and pasta cheezy style
* 8/15 – vegan jello, sunny pesto pasta, peachy “A” Smoothie, creamy cole slaw recipes, vegan sloppy joes, apricot cobbler and lime basil sorbet!
* 8/8 – jumbo croutons, fresh tomato hummus, peanut butter pillows, veggie burger slideshow, sticky maple french toast, cinna-rolls and more!
* 8/1 – hazelnut hummus, pesto pasta, tofu scramble, squash blossoms, savory waffles, hash browns.
* 7/25 – smoothies, vegan burrito, blueberry bread, panzanella salad, beet salad, peach crisp.
* 7/18 – roasted pepper hummus, raw food eats, papaya smoothie, owl cake, chocolate pudding parfait, hemp mashed potatoes and watermelon recipes.