Getting an early start on my Meatless Monday round-up this week..
Today’s Meatless Monday Recipe Round-up via my posts over at Babble’s Family Kitchen include a slew of nutrition-focused recipes and round-ups! .. a purple power-up smoothie, alkaline recipes, vegan treats for spring round-up, vitamin-rich recipe round-up with nutrition tips, a vibrant green smoothie, mango-avocado superfood quinoa, raw cashew dip – Get these recipes and more inspiration for your healthy Meatless Monday and the week ahead!..
Meatless Monday Recipe Round-Up – 4/2/12
* Green Smoothies: Salute to Green Smoothies
Starting off this round-up with my favorite way to boost nutrition in a flash. Or a chug. Green Smoothies!
* Smoothie: Purple Power-Up Green Smoothie
Not all green smoothies have to be green. This energizing sip is filled with greens and berries to rev up your day and fill you with nutrients!
* Alkaline Foods: 11 Alkaline Foods to Add to your Diet
Reducing inflammation in the body is as easy as watching what you eat and being aware of food pH levels. Here are 11 high pH foods (alkaline) that will help you alkalize your diet and possibly improve your total wellness in turn.
* Smoothie: Green Zinger
Blueberries, kiwi, greens and cayenne make up this tasty green zinger smoothie. Switch out your AM coffe for this energizing sip.
* WFH Tips: When you Work and Eat From Home: 7 Healthy Tips
Students, freelancers, stay at home parents and more all work (and eat) from home. I’m sure we’ve all experienced this at some point in our lives. Well if you do find your office just a hop away from the kitchen you may think it is a challenge to keep a healthy diet – and wellness in mind. Get my 7 healthy tips for embracing nutrition and wellness – and reduce stress – as you work and eat from home.
* Romaine: Ode to Romaine: Why it beats Iceberg
I’m a huge fan of romaine lettuce. And sometimes I think it can get lumped into the “green lettuce category” right next to Iceberg. Well I want to show you just how much healthier Romaine is than Iceberg. Plus recipes! My Ode to Romaine..
* Nutrition 101: Nutrient Rich Recipes for Spring (and why we need certain nutrients!)
Step into class folks, it is time for a little nutrition 101. Refresh your mind with why our bodies need certain nutrients like vitamin C and D – and you just may be inspired to eat a little healthier this week. Plus recipes for that specific nutrient you crave!
* Dessert: 16 Vegan Spring Treats
If it is vegan treats and desserts you crave this spring – I have 16 of them for you!
* Smoothie: Sunny Sweet Spring Green Smoothie
Vibrant green smoothie made from whole foods – fruit and veg. Sassy and sweet.
* Side: Mango-Cado Superfood Quinoa
This dish was made from my leftovers from a fiesta dinner. Sassy mango, creamy diced avocado meet fluffy superfood quinoa. Serve as a colorful side dish or top with tofu, tempe, beans or mushrooms for a hearty main course.
* Raw Dip: Creamy Cashew Dip
This creamy – yet chunky raw cashew dip is a staple for spring. Flavor it however you’d like and pair with fresh-chopped veggies for an instant perk-up snack!
Also! If you live in Los Angeles be sure to get your FREE copy of Compassion Over Killing’s “Vegetarian Guide to Los Angeles” – I read it front to back at the beach and loved it! Lots of dining out info in here – neighborhood based guides! Order your copy online.
More inspiration -> Find vegan… Vegan Recipes from Finding Vegan. Embrace a week of vegan with the help of my other site: FindingVegan.com
About my Meatless Monday round-ups: Every other week I link to all my posts over at Babble.com so that you don’t miss out on any of my recipes. My round-up is a great way to embrace Meatless Monday.
Previous Meatless Monday/Family Kitchen Recipe Round-Up’s:
* 3/19 – Green Cashew Cheese, Cupcake ATM fun, Smoothies, green smoothies, vegan St Patty’s Day eats, chocolate peanut butter cupcakes.
* 3/5 – Cinna Rolls, Mardi Gras Smoothie
* 2/20 -chocolate shake, BBQ tempeh salad, VDay wrap-up recipes
* 2/6 -Vegan Pesto, Coconut Chickpea Fritters, Buffalo Bites, Pesto Salad
* 1/23 – Mushroom Bowl, Pineapple Smoothie, Banana Pie
* 1/17 – Spelt Biscuits, Chia Bread, Kale Sandwich, Fresca How-to
* 1/9 – Cocoa Peanut Cookies, Apple Pancakes, Cheezy Leek Chow Mein, New Year’s Detox..
* 12/20 – Holiday Edition!
* 12/12 – Vegan Cheese, potato stew, cardamom chocolate cake and more.
* 11/28 – Post-Thanksgiving Meatless Monday recipe.
* 11/14 – Pre-Thanksgiving Meatless Monday recipe.
* 11/7 – Pumpkin Cheesecake, BBQ Chickpea Wrap, Easy Spicy Chick’n Ranch Wrap, Concord Cranberry Sauce and more!
* 10/31 – Halloween Bonanza – treats, sips, and more..
* 10/24 – Banana Pecan Muffins, Halloween Candy Veganized, Halloween Cupcakes.
* 10/17 – Papaya bowl, witches brew broccoli cheesy soup, cheezy broomsticks, Spiderweb Brownie Bites, Tofu Triangles over couscous with candied cashews and broccoli.
* 10/10 – Pumpkin Pizza, Fruity Faces, Peanut butter Banana Pudding, Carrot Juice and Double Pumpkin Cream Pie.
* 10/3 – Naughty/Nice Vegan Desserts, Raw Chocolate Shake, Pumpkin Potato Salad, Pumpkin Spice Cider Smoothie and more..
* 9/26 – cauliflower soup, pomegranate fizzy cocktail, food truck gyros at home, ghost whip, almost tiramisu pie
* 9/19 – apple jack flapjacks, seared tofu, tropical green smoothie, vanilla coconut latte, sumac salad
* 9/12 – ginger frosty, peanut butter cream pie, vegan chili, easy coconut rice and wonton lunch, peanut butter fruit stack sandwich
* 9/5 – Labor Day “Southern Food” Feast – biscuits, “chickn” fried seitan, cole slaw, pb shake
* 8/29 – pesto alphabet pasta, banana split, sweet potato biscuits, pasta salad to-go, cheeze sauce
* 8/22 – tropical smoothie, mushroom bites, veggie burger, love your green juice, peas and pasta cheezy style
* 8/15 – vegan jello, sunny pesto pasta, peachy “A” Smoothie, creamy cole slaw recipes, vegan sloppy joes, apricot cobbler and lime basil sorbet!
* 8/8 – jumbo croutons, fresh tomato hummus, peanut butter pillows, veggie burger slideshow, sticky maple french toast, cinna-rolls and more!
* 8/1 – hazelnut hummus, pesto pasta, tofu scramble, squash blossoms, savory waffles, hash browns.
* 7/25 – smoothies, vegan burrito, blueberry bread, panzanella salad, beet salad, peach crisp.
* 7/18 – roasted pepper hummus, raw food eats, papaya smoothie, owl cake, chocolate pudding parfait, hemp mashed potatoes and watermelon recipes.
And you can always peruse my HHL Recipe Index for many more vegan, meatless recipes!