This week’s Meatless Monday Recipe Round-up via my posts over at Babble’s Family Kitchen (is actually a Meatless Tuesday.)
Today’s recipe round-up features: a cheesy-delicious kale rice bowl, a hearty stacked kale sandwich with hash potatoes and tempeh, sweet maple butter spelt biscuits, tofu scramble secrets and my tips on how to make a Lazy Fresca! Get these recipes and more inspiration for your meatless Monday, er Tuesday and the week ahead!..
A Meatless Tuesday. Or any day. Monday, Tuesday, or Wednesday .. it just takes one meatless day a week to get started and change your diet. Already vegan? Then celebrate your meatless lifestyle by sharing recipe links with your online friends or followers. You never know who you will inspire.
Sometimes it just takes one recipe. One meal. One day to realize that a vegan lifestyle is satisfying, delicious – easier than you think – and just feels right in so many ways.
Just one day can encourage someone to change their diet forever – and fill their kitchen with plant-based ingredients – brimming with nutrients and flavor. Encourage yourself or your friends to try a one-day-a-week meatless challenge this year. Start on Meatless Monday – or any day!
Meatless “Monday” Recipe Round-Up – 1/9/2012
* Sandwich: Kale Sandwich with Tempeh
Got leftover kale? Not in the mood for a salad? Try a stuffed kale sandwich with cozy hash potatoes and sticky sweet tempeh. Heart meal between two slices of bread! Plus get my 15 sandwich truths/tips here.
* Side: Buttery Spelt Biscuits
Nutty, vegan buttery, maple-kissed spelt biscuits. A cozy side to any meal!
* Drink: How-to: Lazy Frescas
My easy, quickie version of a classic fruity Agua Fresca.
* Bowl: Cheezy Rice Peanut Kale Bowl
An awesome meal in a bowl – peanut ginger kale salad paired with super simple 2-ingredient cheesy brown rice. Delicious and easy!
* Breakfast/Snack: Chia Seed Spelt Citrus Banana Bread
Add super healthy chia seeds to your diet via your favorite tea cake/ bread recipe: banana bread! Sweet accents of citrus too. Fluffy and moist.
* Secret Ingredients. 6 Secret Scramble Ingredients
My six secret ingredients to make any tofu scramble better!
* Football TV Snacks: Football Season Snacks Go Vegan
The snakiest day of the year is only a few weeks away. Try these guy-approved vegan snacks for your winter TV watching fun. Cheezy nachos and jalapeno poppers are just a few of the delicious recipes in this round-up.
* Healthy New Year. 25 Foods to Add to your Diet in 2012
Stop worrying about what to remove from your diet and start focusing on adding healthy foods. By feeding your body the good stuff, you may crave less of the not-so-good stuff.
* Detox Slideshow: 19 Ways to Detox Your Diet
From fiber-rich chia seeds to fresh-pressed juices and spicy metabolism-lifting foods – here are my 19 ways to detox for a healthy 2012. Fresh start!
More inspiration -> Find vegan in 2012… Vegan Recipes from Finding Vegan. Celebrate a healthy, happy, vegan 2012 with the help of my other site: FindingVegan.com
For more “get healthy” inspiration check out this year’s Veggie Girl Power Series. And catch-up on past interviews here: 2009 and 2010 and 2009 quotes.
About my Meatless Monday round-ups: Once a week I link to all my posts over at Babble.com so that you don’t miss out on any of my recipes. My round-up is a great way to embrace Meatless Monday.
Previous Meatless Monday Recipe Round-Up’s:
* 1/9 – Cocoa Peanut Cookies, Apple Pancakes, Cheezy Leek Chow Mein, New Year’s Detox..
* 12/20 – Holiday Edition!
* 12/12 – Vegan Cheese, potato stew, cardamom chocolate cake and more.
* 11/28 – Post-Thanksgiving Meatless Monday recipe.
* 11/14 – Pre-Thanksgiving Meatless Monday recipe.
* 11/7 – Pumpkin Cheesecake, BBQ Chickpea Wrap, Easy Spicy Chick’n Ranch Wrap, Concord Cranberry Sauce and more!
* 10/31 – Halloween Bonanza – treats, sips, and more..
* 10/24 – Banana Pecan Muffins, Halloween Candy Veganized, Halloween Cupcakes.
* 10/17 – Papaya bowl, witches brew broccoli cheesy soup, cheezy broomsticks, Spiderweb Brownie Bites, Tofu Triangles over couscous with candied cashews and broccoli.
* 10/10 – Pumpkin Pizza, Fruity Faces, Peanut butter Banana Pudding, Carrot Juice and Double Pumpkin Cream Pie.
* 10/3 – Naughty/Nice Vegan Desserts, Raw Chocolate Shake, Pumpkin Potato Salad, Pumpkin Spice Cider Smoothie and more..
* 9/26 – cauliflower soup, pomegranate fizzy cocktail, food truck gyros at home, ghost whip, almost tiramisu pie
* 9/19 – apple jack flapjacks, seared tofu, tropical green smoothie, vanilla coconut latte, sumac salad
* 9/12 – ginger frosty, peanut butter cream pie, vegan chili, easy coconut rice and wonton lunch, peanut butter fruit stack sandwich
* 9/5 – Labor Day “Southern Food” Feast – biscuits, “chickn” fried seitan, cole slaw, pb shake
* 8/29 – pesto alphabet pasta, banana split, sweet potato biscuits, pasta salad to-go, cheeze sauce
* 8/22 – tropical smoothie, mushroom bites, veggie burger, love your green juice, peas and pasta cheezy style
* 8/15 – vegan jello, sunny pesto pasta, peachy “A” Smoothie, creamy cole slaw recipes, vegan sloppy joes, apricot cobbler and lime basil sorbet!
* 8/8 – jumbo croutons, fresh tomato hummus, peanut butter pillows, veggie burger slideshow, sticky maple french toast, cinna-rolls and more!
* 8/1 – hazelnut hummus, pesto pasta, tofu scramble, squash blossoms, savory waffles, hash browns.
* 7/25 – smoothies, vegan burrito, blueberry bread, panzanella salad, beet salad, peach crisp.
* 7/18 – roasted pepper hummus, raw food eats, papaya smoothie, owl cake, chocolate pudding parfait, hemp mashed potatoes and watermelon recipes.
And you can always peruse my HHL Recipe Index for many more vegan, meatless recipes!