Take two of my favorite cookies, combine them and what do you get? These soft, spicy-sweet, chewy Peanut Butter Ginger Cookies. A ginger-infused spin on peanut butter cookies!..
Peanut butter cookies: chewy and nutty with that signature sweet peanut butter flavor. Like this..
Kathy’s 4-ingredienst peanut butter cookies:
Ginger cookies: soft and chewy with spicy-sweet ginger flavors and a warm molasses-made deep brown color. Like these..
Kathy’s chewy molasses ginger cookies:
..And poof! Smash these recipes together and these cookies are what you get.
These delicious cookies are vegan, gluten-free and rich in whole grains, nut butter and a good dose of iron, in part from that molasses.
Peanut Butter Ginger Cookies
- 1 ½ cups oat flour
- 1 teaspoon ginger powder (add another ½ teaspoon for a bolder ginger flavor)
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¾ cup coconut sugar
- 1 chia or flax egg (¼ cup water + 1 teaspoon ground flax or whole chia seeds)
- ¼ cup vegan buttery spread, melted
- ½ cup peanut butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoon molasses
- 1 tablespoon water (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease or line a baking sheet.
- Combine the water and chia or ground flax seeds to make the vegan “egg” mixture. Whisk briskly for a minute, then set aside to thicken.
- Add all the dry ingredients to a large mixing bowl and combine.
- The fold in all the wet ingredients, including the chia/flax egg. If your flour or peanut butter was on the drier side, you may need to add in an additional tablespoon of water to wet your dough. However, if the consistency feels right, it is not needed.
- Place the dough in the fridge for 5 minutes to firm up just a bit.
- Scoop out small round balls of dough and place them on the baking sheet. When you have added all the dough balls, use the prongs of a fork to flatten out the dough in a criss-cross pattern.
- Bake at 350 for 8-12 minutes, or until cookies are flattened and starting to crackle on the edges. Cool on a cooling rack for 10 minutes before serving. Store leftovers in the fridge. Serve leftovers cooled or warmed up. These keep well for at least a week, but I doubt they will stick around that long!
Yield: 12 cookies
Prep Time: 00 hrs. 10 mins.
Cook time: 00 hrs. 12 mins.
Total time: 22 mins.
Tags: dessert,cookies,ginger,peanut butter,vegan,gluten free,oat,molasses