This Peanut Butter & Jelly Bread bakes up fluffy and soft, with a rich nutty flavor and peanut butter-y texture. Each slice is studded with sweet and gooey strawberries that add a jelly or jam accent to the loaf.
This plant-based loaf is both a bit savory and sweet and is a delicious treat or snack for anyone who loves a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. Or just some yummy baked goods featuring sweet summer strawberries.
And yes, you could use any berry you’d like!
Peanut Butter, Peanut Butter & Jelly!
I get that kids song stuck in my head whenever I make a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. The one we watch in our house is here on YouTube, by one of my fave kid channels, Simple Silly Songs. So yeah. Sing the song while you make the recipe. If you dare. Because you might be singing it for days. The chorus at least.
By I digress.
This loaf is so fun and yummy. I have found myself snacking on it as a pre-bedtime snack. I go to take one bite and end up eating the entire thick slice. So good!
You can serve this bread cool from the fridge, or warm it up to soften it a bit.
Nut Butter Loaf
You could skip the peanut butter and use almond butter. Or even experiment with cashew, walnut or sunflower butter.
The nut butter basically adds the rich fat, which lends to the amazing texture, and it also adds flavor. And of course nutrients like iron, protein, fiber.
This loaf, surprisingly, isn’t heavy! That was my fear in baking a nut butter loaf. It is still very light and fluffy, all while tasting the rich nut butter in every bite.
Peanut Butter & Jelly Bread for Everyone
This loaf recipe is vegan, plant-based and contains sugar and wheat flour, but feel free to customize to suit your needs. You can easily swap out the wheat flour for a gluten-free flour blend. I used a bread flour, but bread or all purpose flour will work.,
You could also easily swap the cane sugar for something like coconut sugar or even date sugar if that is what you are looking for.
The Jelly (Or Jam)
For this Peanut Butter & Jelly Bread, the “jelly” is just simple summer strawberries. But blueberries, peaches or even raspberries would work really well too.
And if you don’t have fresh barries on hand, you could sub with swirling actual fruit jam or jelly into the leaf before baking.
Another option is to slice up bananas, but that will definitely change the name of the loaf.
Summer Snack Idea for Kids
And finally, this Peanut Butter & Jelly Bread is such a great snack idea for kids! My daughter loves to nibble on this bread in her high chair. She adores strawberries so this probably reminds her of that yummy summer flavor.
And again, if you need to experiment with a. nut-free loaf, give sunflower butter a try! Pumpkin seed butter could be fun to try too.
Looking for another loaf idea? Try this Chocolate Chip Chocolate Loaf!
Happy summer strawberry season everyone!
Peanut Butter & Jelly Bread
- ½ cup vegan egg replacer**
- ½ cup cane sugar
- ⅓ cup peanut butter, melted
- 4 tablespoon vegan butter, melted
- ¼ cup non-dairy milk, full fat
- ⅓ cup banana, mashed
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 ⅓ cups flour, bread or AP
- ¼ cup rolled oats
- ¼ teaspoon salt
Fold in + Topping:
- 1 ½ cups strawberries, sliced
- 2 tablespoon peanuts, chopped
- sprinkle of sugar and a few extra berry slices
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a loaf pan with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, whick together the wet ingredients.
- Stir in the dry ingredients.
- Wash and dry the berries. Slice them. Pat dry again to remove excess moisture. Fold them into the batter.
- Pour the batter into the loaf pan. Top batter with the chopped peanuts and a few extra berry slices and a sprinkle of sugar.
- Bake at 400 degrees for ten minutes, then lower heat to 350 and bake for another 45 minutes or until center is baked through.
- Remove loaf from oven. Let sit for at leas ten minutes before removing from the loaf pan. Wait to cool another 10-15 minutes before slicing. Enjoy warm or cooled!
- loaf pan