Heatwave shmeetwave. That’s what you can say when you have a fresh batch of vegan ice cream churning in your kitchen. This Peanut Butter Oreo Ice Cream is everything your ice cream dreams are craving. Rich and nutty. Sweet and creamy. All with big chunks of Oreo cookies. This coconut milk-based ice cream has simple ingredients and can be whipped up in just a few minutes. Treat yourself to this crazy-good ice cream flavor!…
You might recognize this flavor. It is inspired by my favorite flavor of Ben and Jerry’s vegan ice cream. they do a peanut butter ice cream with cookies swirled in. It is delicious and diary-free. They use almond milk. For extra creaminess, I decided to use coconut milk.
Coconut milk ice cream takes a bit more time to thaw out from the fridge, but is so supremely silky and lovely.
First you churn things..
..This part takes just 10-20 minutes. Easy!
Then you scoop into a freezer container..
Chill a bit in the freezer, then scoop to serve!.
Cookies in every bite..
Other ways I love to cool off when the heat is intense:
* Pool time
* A day at the beach
* Sip a smoothie – my book can help
* Drink plenty of cool water – stay hydrated! (most important thing!)
* Popsicles all day
* Cool tees and tanks, shorts or loose comfy pants
* Flip flops. I love my Reefs – I have been wearing Reefs since I was like 15.
* Wash my long hair and keep it nice and wet to cool me off
* Cool towel on my face
* Cold shower
* Frosty drinks like a watermelon frosty
* Freezer grapes! (Freeze ’em, eat ’em)
* ….Sprinklers, slip-n-slide or water balloon fight. Oh wait, that was when I was eight. Probably still works though!
Vaycay season is in full swing, so I will throw it back to last week, in London with super sunny weather. Of course, I wanted soup anyways, because I always crave soup when I travel. Le Pain had an awesome veggie soup! If you guys want some trip pics, check out my Instagram feed and stories.
Today’s recipe is just a new fave to add to my list of DIY vegan ice cream recipes!…
Peanut Butter Oreo Ice Cream
By Kathy PatalskyPublished 07/06/2018
This super luxurious peanut butter and chocolate cookie ice cream is made using dairy-free coconut milk. Vegan treat for all!
- 1 can of coconut milk, fully chilled in fridge overnight
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter, salted
- 1 frozen banana
- 1/2 cup non-dairy milk, unsweetened
- 2 Tbsp agave syrup
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Add all the ingredients to a blender. Scoop only the white “coconut cream” part of the coconut milk – discard the thin slippery liquid in the can. Blend the mixture until smooth.
- turn on your ice cream maker (use a fully chilled container — in freezer at least overnight). Pour in the ice cream base. Add in about 1/4 cup crushed Oreo or chocolate sandwich cookies. Churn for 10-20 minutes, or until fully thickened. Add more cookies if desired.
- Scoop ice cream into a freezer-friendly container. Chill a bit in the freezer, until a scoopable texture is reached. Enjoy! Tip: Remember that this ice cream, when fully chilled, will be firm and needs a good 10 minutes or so to thaw to a scoopable state.
Yield: 4 servingsPrep Time: 00 hrs. 05 mins. Cook time: 00 hrs. 15 mins. Total time: 20 mins. Tags: ice cream, coconut,peanut butter,oreo,dessert,dairy-free
This is the ice cream maker I use: Cuisinart ICE-21 1.5 Quart.
Peanut butter bliss..
Silky texture with nutty accents..
Pin it for later..