This Sunny Day Tofu Sandwich is packed with veggies like avocado, arugula and tomato. Pickles and a secret sauce make things extra flavorful. This tofu-stuffed vegan sandwich is protein packed and perfect on a sunny day! Serve on fluffy ciabatta or your favorite sandwich bread. I love this as a lunchtime sandwich…
If you read this recent post you know that I am all about fast, easy, flavorful (feel good) meals lately. And this recipe checks all those boxes for me!
Maple Tofu. Maple tofu is super easy to make and has a lovely subtle flavor to it. You just saute thick planks of tofu, add salt and pepper and a drizzle of maple syrup. The syrup helps to sear the tofu in the pan too, adding lovely rich color on the edges. For a spicy twist, sprinkle smoky paprika over top.
Veggies. You load up your sunny day sandwich with whatever veggies you have on hand. A leafy green, vine-ripened tomatoes, maybe some thinly sliced onion or bell pepper. And of course, some buttery, healthy fat avocado to make everything taste better.
Secret Sauce. I love this sauce because it is super easy and full of sweet and creamy, lightly spicy and smoky flavor. I use Cholula’s hot sauce and Follow Your Heart Vegenaise.
This sandwich reminds me of summer! And so do all these destinations!
Sunny Day Tofu Sandwich
By Kathy PatalskyPublished 05/21/2019
This protein-packed sandwich is stuffed with veggies and an easy secret sauce.
- 4oz firm tofu, sliced into planks
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1 ciabatta roll (or choice bread)
- 1/2 avocado, sliced
- tomato, to taste
- sliced pickles, to taste
- leafy greens, arugula used
- Secret Sauce:
- 2 Tbsp vegan mayo
- 1 Tbsp hot sauce
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- Warm a skillet over high heat. Add the oil and tofu. Cook for 2-4 minutes on each side. Sprinkle salt to taste. Add the maple syrup and reduce heat to low. Flip. Cook until the edges brown. Add pepper to finish. Add more salt if needed.
- Toast roll. Slice.
- Whisk together the secret sauce ingredients.
- Smash the avocado onto the inside of the roll. Add the leafy greens, tofu, pickles, tomato and finally drizzle the secret sauce all over the inside of the top half of the roll.
- Close the sandwich. Slice and serve! Enjoy!
Yield: 1 sandwichPrep Time: 00 hrs. 05 mins. Cook time: 00 hrs. 10 mins. Total time: 15 mins.
- Calories: 450
Pin it for later: