I am so in love with the recipe I am sharing today! My vegan, gluten-free Triple Chocolate Pumpkin Cake is moist and dreamy and super rich in chocolate flavor, yet healthy enough to nibble all day long, guilt-free! Well, at least I am pretty short on guilt and I have been nibbling it all day long, pairing it with ginger tea and a latte. Get the recipe, a video how-to and a few little life updates!..
This Cake. This cake is amazing! The thick batter produces a dreamy, moist and chocolate-y cake.
This is a rich chocolate cake infused with hemp seeds, oats, coconut sugar, coconut oil, vanilla bean, a hint of espresso, cinnamon and of course plenty of chocolate. Three ways of c-h-o-c-o-l-a-t-e…
Chocolate in the cake, chocolate chips folded in and then a chocolate ganache drizzle on top. Ooey-gooey chocolate messiness in every amazing bite.
All that pumpkin adds fiber, vitamin A and moisture. The hemp seeds add some protein and oomph. Basically, this recipe ROCKS.
Have your pumpkin .. and eat chocolate too.
Life stuff. The past week I was in Las Vegas with some great friends, food and fun. It was all in honor of Food Fight Write, a food blogging and writing conference. Here are some of my Instagrams from the fun days in Vegas..
You can imagine all this adventure-ing to the tune of Taylor Swift’s “Shake it Off.” 😉
Now back to the recipe!.. Watch me make the cake, and get the recipe below.
Triple Chocolate Vegan Pumpkin Cake
- 3 cups of oat flour (processed from whole rolled oats)
- ⅓ cup hemp seeds
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¾ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 16oz. pumpkin puree, unsweetened
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1oz. espresso (1 shot, slightly cooled)
- ⅓ cup virgin coconut oil, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ⅔ cup coconut sugar
- fold in: ¼ cup vegan chocolate chips
- 1 ½ tablespoon virgin coconut oil
- 1 ½ tablespoon vegan chocolate chips
- Greasing baking dish: 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Process enough oats to make 3 cups of oat flour. Usually about 1 ¼ cups of oats for every cup of oat flour. Then add the hemp seeds to your 3 cups of oat flour and process for a few more seconds, to process the hemp seeds into hemp flour.
- Add the oat and hemp flour to a large mixing bowl and add in the remaining dry ingredients: baking powder, cocoa powder, cinnamon, baking powder, salt. Stir to combine.
- Add all the wet ingredients to the dry bowl and fold until a thick batter forms. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Grease an 8 x 8 inch brownie or cake dish with a teaspoon of coconut oil.
- Pour batter into greased dish and spread and smooth out top. Mixture will be nice and thick.
- Bake at 400 degrees for ten minutes, reduce heat to 350 and bake for another 15 minutes.
- Pull cake out of oven and set aside while you create the ganache. Heat the ganache ingredients in the microwave for 20-30 seconds to melt. Stir briskly to combine and smooth into a silky chocolate mixture. Pour the ganache over top the cooling cake.
- Serve right away, super warm and ooey-gooey, or cool for at least a half hour before serving. Store in the fridge for up to a few days. For longer storage, freeze in pre-cut squares.
Yield: 12 slices
Prep Time: 00 hrs. 12 mins.
Cook time: 00 hrs. 25 mins.
Total time: 37 mins.
- Calories: 275 kcal
- Fat: 12g
- Dietaryfiber: 5.3g
- Totalcarbs: 39g
- Protein: 6.4g