This Cozy-Wozy Coconut Mocha was my treat on a stormy, blustery Friday morning. Silky melted semi-sweet chocolate chips and rich, freshly brewed espresso combine to create the perfect luxurious base. (Oh the aroma!) Add in some special spiced accents and a swirled in dollop of coconut cream and mocha bliss has begun. Cradle this steamy, frothy, chocolate-y mug today!..
I had a wonderful few days this week with miss Gena of Choosing Raw. We went to Disneyland, enjoyed some creepy rides and coasters and settled into our Disneyland Hotel room to pass out around 10pm. We party hard! But we did work in a few quickie workouts at the gym, which was a nice exercise boost for me, the gym-phobe. I actually went to the gym today for the first time in ages, so thank you Gena!
We also stopped by Cafe Gratitude and had a fabulous lunch with Kristy of Keepin it Kind. We are all working on cookbooks so there was tons of chatter to be enjoyed.
Check out my Instagram for loads of lovely photos chronicling the fun!
Here is one…
So this morning, as a crazy wave crashing, wind howling, sideways rain sweeping storm moved in I whipped up a cozy mug. Here is the recipe!..
Vegan Coconut Mocha
1 cup non-dairy milk
1 1/2 – 2 Tbsp semi-sweet chocolate chips
3/4 tsp extra virgin coconut oil
pinch of cayenne
pinch of cinnamon
1 tsp agave (if your non-dairy milk is not sweetened)
1 oz. espresso
1/4 cup chilled coconut milk (use the hard coconut cream)
nutritional info: The entire recipe is around 400 calories, plenty of plant-based fat from that delicious coconut milk cream. You can use less coconut cream to reduce the calories and fat if desired. Or do what I did and split this yummy mug with a friend!
1. Combine the chocolate chips and oil in a small bowl. Microwave for 20-30 seconds until slightly melted. Stir briskly until mostly melted.
2. Make you fresh espresso and pour the espresso into the chocolate mixture, It will smell AMAZING right now.
3. Pour the chocolate-espresso mixture into a blender.
4. Heat your non-dairy milk in the microwave until steamy hot. Pour into blender. Add the cayenne and cinnamon as well. (And optional sweetener)
5. Blend on low to high until this mixture id nice and frothy.
6. Pour frothy mocha into serving cup(s).
7. Add the coconut cream to the blender and blend just until it is whipped and fluffy. Spoon into a small dish.
8. To serve, stir in a small spoonful of the coconut cream whip of simply dollop it on top and let it melt on its own. Serve warm.