Sunshine, vacation, lazy days, kids out of school, seasides, lakes, boats, sand, hiking, picnics, bike rides, ahhhh summer. It feels like there is so much to do outdoors this time of year that spending too much time indoors, in a kitchen, huddled over a hot stove, feels a bit imperfect. If you are feeling a bit uninspired in the kitchen this time of year, don’t worry, it will pass and it’s totally normal.
Come fall, I get that ‘spend all day in my kitchen’ fever once again. But for now, let’s make some easy, fast, summery meals, snacks, treats and sips and get back out there in the sun!..
Here are my Vegan Summer Recipe Ideas: Meals, Treats, Snacks and Sips (And more!)
Over 40 ideas to inspire you…
Oh hey summer…
Yup, a little of this on the to-do list..
But we gotta eat too, yes? Here are over 40 ideas to inspire your summer eats and activities too…
First up, snacks! Summer is a snacking season. Here are my favorite things to nibble..
7+ Vegan Snacks for Summer
1. Avocado Toast or Mushroom Toast or PB Banana Toast
2. Summer Fruit (Peaches, Plums, Apricots, Cherries…)
3. Energy Balls or Granola Bars (with chocolate)
4. Nachos or Quesadillas or a Grilled Cheese (Pairs well with sliced apple!)
5. Vegan Cheese and Crackers (vegan cheese guide here)
6. Vegan Yogurt with toppings (vegan yogurt guide)
7. Hummus + Pita + Greens or Carrots
8. Guac and Chips or warmed tortillas
Avocado toast is always an easy fix for summertime hunger..
10 Vegan Meals for Summer – added a few for this category!
1. Sweet Potato Veggie Burgers
2. TTLAs or Smoky Tempeh Wraps
3. Fiesta Bean Bowls with tortillas
4. Veggie Dogs
5. Soba Noodles or Mushroom Pasta
6. Two-Bean Pasta Salad
7. Sweet Potato Soup in a Flash
8. Breakfast Sandwich (All Day)
9. Vegan ‘Tuna’ Salad Sandwich – made using chickpeas
10. Vegan Philly Cheese
7+ Vegan Treats for Summer
1. Blueberry Cheesecake Ice Cream or Cookies and Cream or Cookie Dough or PB Cookie
2. Ice Cream Sandwiches by So Delicious or another store-bought vegan ice cream treat
3. Pineapple Whip or Frosty Fresh Orange Creamsicle Shake
4. Pink Flamingo Cheesecake Bars (no-bake)
5. Silky, Fluffy Chocolate Pudding (with summer berries) – protein rich!!
6. Summer Fruit Pie or Berry Crumble Bars
7. Banana Ice Cream Bowls with chocolate sauce
8. Cookies! Perfect for taking to the beach, on hikes and more. These are great.
7 Vegan Sips for Summer
7+ Vegan Salads for Summer
Missing Breakfast in this round-up? Get 12 Easy Vegan Breakfast Ideas here!
7+ Vegan Activities for Summer
1. Outdoor Art: Photography Day or Outdoor Painting
2. Get Sporty! Try a sport you used to love playing as a kid. Basketball, tennis, biking..
3. Yoga Class
4. Beach Walk, Park Stroll or Hiking
5. Lazy Day with a good book
6. Visit a Local Museum or Tourist Attraction
7. Find a new restaurant, bakery or coffee shop who serves vegan options and give it some business
Basically, summertime should bring you some calm and silly and sunshine. Right?
*photo by Sabrina Hill
And if all else fails, Hawaii is always a plane ride away…
Happy Summer everyone!
Pin this post for later..